No State Funeral For Ex-PM

From Sky

Tony Blair has ruled out the possibility of a state funeral for former Conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.
I'm no fan of Mrs T. This is one sure way of killing any support the tories might try and build in working class areas!

Save it for the last tommy!

*ducks under the parapit*

edit general mogness

Why don't just throw her into a skip for disposal for all she did for the working classes.

Well, my knowledge of history is appauling. But it says here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/january/30/newsid_2505000/2505981.stm

that the Prime Ministers given a State Funeral in the 19th century were the Duke of Wellington, Lord Henry Palmerstone and William Gladstone.

And the first (and only?) Prime Minister to be given a State Funeral in the 20th century was Sir Winston Churchill.

Whilst I'm not well informed of the contributions made by the above, I cannot think of a single thing that Thatcher woman did to benefit the country.

bovvyblonde said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/january/30/newsid_2505000/2505981.stm

that the Prime Ministers given a State Funeral in the 19th century were the Duke of Wellington, Lord Henry Palmerstone and William Gladstone.

And the first (and only?) Prime Minister to be given a State Funeral in the 20th century was Sir Winston Churchill.

Whilst I'm not well informed of the contributions made by the above, I cannot think of a single thing that Thatcher woman did to benefit the country
Your parents own their own home, I take it?

bovvyblonde said:

Whilst I'm not well informed of the contributions made by the above, I cannot think of a single thing that Thatcher woman did to benefit the country.
We're not quite a 3rd world contry yet, had the unions remained as strong we would be by now! Don't start the Thatcher argument again, you will lose as she has more supporters on here than desenters!

amazing__lobster said:
bovvyblonde said:

Whilst I'm not well informed of the contributions made by the above, I cannot think of a single thing that Thatcher woman did to benefit the country
I own my own home outright. My parents died many years ago. My home-ownership is due to my grandparents owning 2 houses in the 1940's and only having 2 grandchildren to inherit. Nothing to do with Thatcher. :?

Poor mr.Blair. Whatever he says, all would be not good.

Suppose that he says: I'm just preparing a state funural...

A lot of people lost their homes under Thatcher and the money mad crew that she had with her.The only thing she brought in was the right to buy your council house.

Bury her quietly,possibly in the Falkland Islands.

easymoney said:
A lot of people lost their homes under Thatcher and the money mad crew that she had with her.The only thing she brought in was the right to buy your council house.

Bury her quietly,possibly in the Falkland Islands.
She is still alive though.

G

Goku

bovvyblonde said:

Please don’t tell me you don’t know what the Duke of Wellington or Winston Churchill did 8O

Can't stand the woman. Chuck her in the oggin attached to a lump of concrete in Portsmouth harbour. In fact, whilst we're at it, can we ensure Blair is attached to her with some black nasty???

Goku said:
bovvyblonde said:

Please don’t tell me you don’t know what the Duke of Wellington or Winston Churchill did 8O

She IS blonde!

She deserves a state funeral.

Wonderful woman, faced down the Junta and the unions.

Choccie,

Couldn't agree more! Saved this country by forcing it to evolve and laid the ground work for the economic success story of today.

Has no one ever watched "Yes minister?"

There has probably never been any question of giving Mrs T a state funeral. So TB (who needs to rally Old Labour support to get him through the next year or so) simply states, in answer to a "placed" question that Mrs T will not get a state funeral.

Result - record takings in celebration in Labour clubs the L&B of the UK, big media puff and then gentle subsidence into next twelve months of Neue Arbeit Macht Frei!

bovvyblonde said:
amazing__lobster said:
bovvyblonde said:

I own my own home outright. My parents died many years ago. My home-ownership is due to my grandparents owning 2 houses in the 1940's and only having 2 grandchildren to inherit. Nothing to do with Thatcher. :?
Well, you are lucky then.

But the majority of working class homeownership within the UK, was a result of the introduction of the tentents discount for council tenents. Do I really need to type out the name of the person who introduced this discount?

VerminWA said:
bovvyblonde said:

We're not quite a 3rd world contry yet, had the unions remained as strong we would be by now! Don't start the Thatcher argument again, you will lose as she has more supporters on here than desenters!
Oh no. Another shameful illiterate. I'll assume you received your education during the Thatcher years.