No squaddies allowed - Maidstone

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Last_Four, Sep 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went out in Maidstone last night to have a few drinks with some mates who are off to Afghan today.

We tried to go in Chicagos but they wouldn't let us in, said no squaddies were allowed - no reason given.

Went to Jaks instead and got the same thing - blanket ban on all squaddies cos there was a fight last week involving a squaddie and a civvy. Finally got in cos the girls sweet talked the bouncers as we were with them we were allowed on the promise that we behave and hand our id cards in.

Stupid thing is civvys caused more trouble and a bloke last night nearly hit my missus cos he was trying to prove how hard he was, out on the piss wearing a vest and a towel around his neck like he's some great boxer. Bouncer about 10 foot away didn't do a thing to the civvy.

Anyone fancy writing a few letters?

Chicago Rock
    60-61 High St
    Maidstone, ME14 1SR

Jumping Jaks
    Barker Rd
    Maidstone, ME16 8SF

I know loads of places have a ban on military personnel, but it really grips my shit when all we wanted to do was have a few drinks and a laugh before they head off to the sand.
  2. dont you know that you are to have your I.D. card on you at all times. and never to hand it to anyone?

not even them tossers. letter comein from me.
  3. Should never hand your ID card in mate,you could try reporting to your local Plod,as up here in Derbyshire Plod has a Liscensing Officer that regulates the Doormen,I was a Doorman for 14 years and had more grief with Gyppo's than Squaddies good luck with your complaint and stay safe over there
  4. Sorry didn't make it very clear, they wanted us to promise no trouble and hand ID cards in, so the wives and girlfriends had to promise that we wouldn't get in trouble and that was ok by them :? We refused to hand our MOD90 cards in, but that is what they wanted us to do.

5. I went into a public-'ouse to get a pint o' beer,
    The publican 'e up an' sez, "We serve no red-coats here."
    The girls be'ind the bar they laughed an' giggled fit to die,
    I outs into the street again an' to myself sez I:
      O it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away";
      But it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play,
      The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
      O it's "Thank you, Mister Atkins", when the band begins to play...
  6. I have had the same dramas in the past,and I have been on the other end of it as a one time doorman. Soldiers are fine as long as the doorman is half decent. Most soldiers are good lads anyway and it would be in the interest of the door staff to let them in. Good luck with your complaint mate. Jaks are ok around my home town .I guess its the old ''management reserve the right......'' bollacks.
  7. Or sending an email.....

Chicago Rock...LINK

Jumpin Jaks...LINK
  8. Discrimination, pure and simple.
  9. Do they have a sign saying no Blacks, Irish, Jews, Gays ect or we only discriminate again HM Forces. This crap p*sses me of, I take squaddies and Crab Air back and forth to Aldershot, Gib Bks and Odiham all time at weekends. Never any problem, loads of banter, even when drunk.

Civvies, another story, (always threaten cabbies) been threatend with a knife when 4 tried to do a runner. Had to help a WPC outside a pub in Hook after England kicked out of World Cup. Gobshite thought she needed a good kicking so tried to throttle her, whilst her colleague was struggling with another gobshite.

The abuse these little w*nk stains offer WPC's from Yateley and Aldershot is disgusting. Ban the little fcuk wits and let forces in, far safer and much less trouble. Better still let bizzies take them around corner and beat the sh*t out of them to teach them some manners.
  10. I wonder if any bar would ban the staff of ICI, or WHSmith or anyone else because they might have had a fight once. What about banning all civvies because a couple of them got into fisticuffs? No, it wouldn't happen would it?

It is easy to discriminate against members of HMF, because 99% of forces personnel would quietly move on to the next place without wanting to cause more trouble.
  11. E-mail sent (Chick A Go):

I suggest others follow suit (corporate muscle and all that) - personnel in the Maidstone area might wish to follow this with interest and consider boycotting the place(s).
  12. Chicago Rock were contacted and they apologize for any problems this may have caused and they will be speaking to their doormen ref discrimination and the surrendering of MOD 90s.

The poor guy was assistant manager and I thought he was going to start crying. He said that all armed forces are welcome and will only be turned away if they have been barred due to past incidents or that they think they are to drunk.

Enjoy boys

13. Another arrse victory! : )
  14. I may be in a completely different army to everybody else, but when I go out on the p1ss with other soldiers we don't tend to go to bible readings and homeless shelters!

I've been to court with soldiers charged with (and convicted of)

1. ABH.
    2. GBH.
    3. ABH (against a woman).
    4. Affray.
    5. Drunk and Disorderly.
    6. Drink Driving.
    7. Assaulting a Police Officer.
    8. Theft.
    9. Entering enclosed premises.

None of my civvy mates have ever been convicted of anything!

Stop feeling so hard done by and enjoy drinking in the sh1tholes that let us in. You'll have a better night there than gurning on the dancefloor in Jaks!
  15. I think you'll find the door staff will uphold their own policy. Unless the manager stags on the door with them all night they can pretty much refuse entry to whomever they wish. If they are anti HMF then there's nothing anyone can do except replace the door staff with pro HMF personnel.