No sound

As you fine chaps and chapesses are aware I recently had a problem with my pooter, I've reinstalled XP and everything is running better than it ever did. The only problem I've got is that i've now lost sound. I've run the device manager and it's saying all the hardware is installed correctly and working, however when I click onto audio and sound in the control panel, it's saying I have no audio device, suggestions please, I've got a 9yr old whinging cos he can't watch his favourite cartoons on youtube :roll:

Rfn_Warrior said:
Any idea what sound card you've got? May need to install the card again, or update it.
Acording to my Belarc scan, I've got Avance AC97 audio and MPU-401 compatible midi device. All foreign to me!!

Have you installed/updated all drivers? When I reformatted my computer I had issues with sound, updating my motherboard drivers fixed it though.

As stated in the opening post, he has opened Audio & Sound in his Control Panel and is coming up with no sound device found.

Does that answer your question?

He's a cadet. Obviously he'll be an expert on everything PC related as it'll be the only thing he's had an orgasm with.

:D All sorted, found a driver disc in amongst all the rubbish that came with the pooter, loaded and all sorted, thanks for your help RW

A bit late, I know, but "dxdiag" typed into the /Start/Run box will launch an application that allows you to check your audio circuits.

Litotes

He REINSTALLED the operating system = no audio device driver in the registry, come on chaps, wake up

threaders_vm said:
He's a cadet. Obviously he'll be an expert on everything PC related as it'll be the only thing he's had an orgasm with.
No mate, just a Diploma in ICT you feckin' stupid arrse bandit. Come back when your missus last more than 5 minutes. I'd be talking to myself though as im the only good ride shes had since marrying you, unless shes had others. Come to think of it though, ive been getting these lumps on my bell end ever since starting this 'thing' with her. Good set of knockers though.

You're quite the internet hardman considering you're an AI. Is it the power trip or the lure of teenagers which attracted you to the ACF?