No sound on Youtube vids

endure

GCM
If I play an embedded youtube video the video plays ok but I don't get any sound. If I go to youtube and play the same video it's all ok. Anyone else with this problem at all?

No it's your hearing - and you imagining stuff while on "stuff." Did you try to restart your browser or lappie?

If I play an embedded youtube video the video plays ok but I don't get any sound. If I go to youtube and play the same video it's all ok. Anyone else with this problem at all?
You've got it "Muted". Shimmy along to the right of the screen and the volume bit is there. Not on the left.

Or it might be the other way round. I've washed my hands today and don't know which is which.

Some YouTube videos have the sound automatically muted when I click them. I use Brave browser, which blocks ads, pop-ups, trackers etc. and think it may be down to this. Embeded Fartbook & Twatter vids also won't play directly and I use the RH click 'open in new tab' option to view them.

Some YouTube videos have the sound automatically muted when I click them. I use Brave browser, which blocks ads, pop-ups, trackers etc. and think it may be down to this. Embeded Fartbook & Twatter vids also won't play directly and I use the RH click 'open in new tab' option to view them.
I don't use Brave on my lappie but on my cell phones - it saves so much data and reduces the amount of crap which pops up.

HHH

GCM
Right click on your speakers icon on your task bar, then open volume mixer and see if there is a slider control for opera and if need be adjust it.

endure

GCM
No slider for Opera. It's only happened over the past few days. I shall carry on investigating.

HHH

GCM
No slider for Opera. It's only happened over the past few days. I shall carry on investigating.
When you are playing a video on ARRSE do you see dots moving on the ARRSE favicon top left of the tab ?
If you see the dots but they're not moving the sound is muted on the tab, if you hover over the favicon you will get the option to un-mute

endure

GCM
When you are playing a video on ARRSE do you see dots moving on the ARRSE favicon top left of the tab ?
If you see the dots but they're not moving the sound is muted on the tab, if you hover over the favicon you will get the option to un-mute

Thank you very much! Worked a treat.

Hi
I tried the solutions provided here but none of them seems to work. Does anyone has any other solution to the issue?

Hi
I tried the solutions provided here but none of them seems to work. Does anyone has any other solution to the issue?
look at the top on the tabs and see if there is a speaker symbol as you can mute youtube from the tab as well as the actual video window, if the tab is muted it will have a little x next to it just click on it to umute
Capture1.JPG

BTDT

Old-Salt
On the top tab for the site you are viewing RIGHT click and you get shown some options. Fifth one down is "mute/unmute site". For some reason this seems to occasionally reset itself to "mute site": Very irritating..

Latest Threads