No shame or lack of info

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by randomgary, Apr 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was just on wikipidia looking at gallantry awards (after reading the youngest recipient of the MC thread) and i had a look at the CGC page

it seems all isnt right and correct!!! there is a large list of recipients on the first page. I clicked onto the discussions section, someone has looked into a couple that didnt look correct to him. heres the topic of his discussion

"False entries in award list
    I'm pretty sure

Jones, Reece Paul Sergeant The Rifles 12 Sep 2008 Darfur Clarkson, Philip Anthony Lance Corporal The Rifles 12 Sep 2008 Darfur

are false entries. The British Army has not had a deployment to Darfur as far as I or any of the newspapers I've read are aware, I can't find a London Gazette entry and the only relevant internet search results lead to this wiki. Can someone double check that these are false and remove them if they are? Also it might be worth double checking the entire list."

138.251.30.10 (talk) 14:04, 25 February 2010 (UTC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspicuous_Gallantry_Cross

im not on a Walt hunt! id just like the awards confirmed or proven false and their name either removed or the discussion gets confirmation they are legit

2. Click on the Darfur link, take a look at the history section and you find this:

Whether any gongs were awarded for this or not is another question.

3. they claim the gazette entry is 2008

Jones, Reece Paul Serjeant The Rifles 12 Sep 2008 Darfur
    Clarkson, Philip Anthony Lance Corporal The Rifles 12 Sep 2008 Darfur

4. Wiki wrong? heaven forbid. "The free encyclopedia that anyone can edit." kinda says it all.