Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No RMP jobs untill 2008?

D.I.S.C.O

Old-Salt
Bourne said:
hey
Just thought i would let you all know that i was told today that i start basic on the 9th of April, looking forward to phase 2 but crazy nervous about basic. You have all probably heard this before, but can you recommend anything to take to basic to make my lifte that little bit easier? Thank's

Well done Bourne :)

Biscuits_AB said:
Get running. Do press ups. Do sit ups. Get some sleep.

Now think about the difficult balancing act you'll have to deal with in Winchester, psychologically.

Muck in and where you can encourage others, not just those wishing to join RMP.

Don't open you're mouth unless you're on a sure footing.

Confidence is a good thing to get on your report, superiority complex isn't.

Best of luck to you.

baz1986

Clanker
Where does Exemplo Ducemus originate from? Has it been the RMP motto for hundreds of years?

A Wonkey Donkey for all correct answers

Rumrunner

War Hero
baz1986 said:
Where does Exemplo Ducemus originate from? Has it been the RMP motto for hundreds of years?

It was approved by HM Queen Elizabeth 11 in September 1959

milkybar

Old-Salt
Old_Bill said:
Sounds like boolacks to me. My step dad was a recruiter a few years before I applied and told me they would try to steer me into something mainstream due to the pressure put upon them to fill large regiments.
When I applied, the shangai merchant (sorry, recruiter) told me RMP was a no go because of the waiting time, but RA was available. So muggins here joined the RA, did the bleeders really enjoyed field gunnery only to get posted to AD. Did 2 years with 16 AD and then transferred to RMP carrying a few death threats with me :)

I did find though that I progressed much quicker than DEs tho.

Moral- they will lie and cheat to fit their quotas...hang on doesn't everyone do that? Stick to your guns, go for RMP they will have you.

I am currently wearing my wife's underwear.

D.I.S.C.O

Old-Salt
Rumrunner said:
baz1986 said:

Only 50 years after Rumrunner finished his LE engagement with CMP ;-)

Rumrunner

War Hero
D.I.S.C.O said:
Rumrunner said:
baz1986 said:

I thank you for that DISCO and may the bird of paradise fly up your nose. You are too kind, it was only 24 years before I finished! However, I wonder what the motto was, if indeed there was a motto? 1919 are the earliest pic’s I can find showing a cap badge. Perhaps ORC could throw could throw some light on the subject? It has been said he was around during Boo....dica’s reign……lol.

D.I.S.C.O

Old-Salt
Rumrunner said:
....Perhaps ORC could throw could throw some light on the subject? It has been said he was around during Boo....dica’s reign……lol.

LOL. There was me thinking he was the original "Provost" who was issued with "a horse", you calling Boo.....dica's an old nag?

Lee21

Swinger
Bourne said:
hey
Just thought i would let you all know that i was told today that i start basic on the 9th of April, looking forward to phase 2 but crazy nervous about basic. You have all probably heard this before, but can you recommend anything to take to basic to make my lifte that little bit easier? Thank's

That's interesting! Everyone seems to be starting basic for RMP in April. I passed selection last year August and have been given beginning of June for starting. It seems like my ACO forgot to get me on a course.

Lee21

Swinger
baz1986 said:
I went to careers office in the summer and my recruiter was eager to get me to go REME but I was adamant I wanted to go RMP and at the end of the day it is down to you what you want to do, not the recruiter. I passed selection in September (piece of urine) but I've had to wait till April 2007 to finally start my basic training down at Winchester. Limited places for RMP so you may find ur waiting a while after selection too.

Another guy whose ACO seems to have been a bit more busy to get him on basic than mine was.

D.I.S.C.O said:
Rumrunner said:
baz1986 said:

Thank goodness it wasn't thishttp://www.heggle.com/item/619235/Exemplo_Ducemus

Rumrunner

War Hero
western said:
D.I.S.C.O said:
Rumrunner said:
baz1986 said:

Thank goodness it wasn't thishttp://www.heggle.com/item/619235/Exemplo_Ducemus

Bloody hell, the sneaky buggers have nicked our motto. Who the hell are they and how long have they been using it?

I think that they are our German allies but as it shows everything in French and German it might be the joint unit theyformed some years ago. Mind you a bunch of freemasons in Bicester have nicked it as well!

D.I.S.C.O

Old-Salt
western said:
I think that they are our German allies but as it shows everything in French and German it might be the joint unit theyformed some years ago. Mind you a bunch of freemasons in Bicester have nicked it as well!

Well bowl me over with a feather duster I thought the thieving gits were a bunch of Spam white supremisists.

I didn't realise their ineptitude was down to the aprons under their uniforms.

I've got some time on my hands this month and the old OP minibus isn't known in Bicester. Wouldn't it be fun to do a spot of filming and see who arrives and with who?

D.I.S.C.O said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Not the 'Exemplo Ducemus' Lodge surely?

Ooooooo... Mister McKay!

Thought his lodge was Salisbury for now, until he becomes Late RMP.

I thought anyone over the rank of Lt Col was 'Late' RMP thats why they should wear the different cap badge.

D.I.S.C.O

Old-Salt
western said:
D.I.S.C.O said:
Biscuits_AB said:
Not the 'Exemplo Ducemus' Lodge surely?

Ooooooo... Mister McKay!

Thought his lodge was Salisbury for now, until he becomes Late RMP.

I thought anyone over the rank of Lt Col was 'Late' RMP thats why they should wear the different cap badge.

DOH sorry :oops:

Delete 'Late RMP' insert 'General Staff' (probably got that wrong too).