No RMP jobs untill 2008?

Rumrunner

War Hero
Don’t you think its strange that in the main, the only people who really seem to miss it (The Corps) are those who didn’t complete a full career i.e. 22 years? There a several sites dedicated to RMP, one in particular, populated in the main by aged NS types who’s time with RMP, if you read their posts was the happiest time of their lives! They never seem to mention the fact that had they not been dragged kicking and screaming into the army by legislation, they wouldn’t have joined in the first place! It’s a funny old world. The mind is very healing, it only remembers the good times and not the shoit.! There was of course a load of that as well! They are also the first to claim the little veterans badge. Bloody sad.

Did my time, got the ‘T’ Shirt and never looked backwards. I do, doo’s love this site though!
:thumright:

I was told the same in 1982 - ( yes I am now an old git!) - If you want RMP do it - wait for the vacancy - I was Lcpl 1983, Cpl 1984 Sgt SIB 1987 - you will not get that anywhere else!

B

Biscuits_AB

medalmonkey said:
I was told the same in 1982 - ( yes I am now an old git!) - If you want RMP do it - wait for the vacancy - I was Lcpl 1983, Cpl 1984 Sgt SIB 1987 - you will not get that anywhere else!
And you don't get sneaky c*nts like you anywhere else either. You're the bloke who went to Channel 4 (Roger Cooke) about '85ish and sold the Corps down the river aren't you ?

Rumrunner said:
Don’t you think its strange that in the main, the only people who really seem to miss it (The Corps) are those who didn’t complete a full career i.e. 22 years? There a several sites dedicated to RMP, one in particular, populated in the main by aged NS types who’s time with RMP, if you read their posts was the happiest time of their lives! They never seem to mention the fact that had they not been dragged kicking and screaming into the army by legislation, they wouldn’t have joined in the first place! It’s a funny old world. The mind is very healing, it only remembers the good times and not the shoit.! There was of course a load of that as well! They are also the first to claim the little veterans badge. Bloody sad. :thumright:
I think one reaches one's own pinnacle at which one is most comfortable. I would have been happy to have stuck at Ssgt - neither fish nor fowl and seen as no threat to anyone. Pick of the jobs - except maybe those with travel. Only drawback was frequency appointed as bag carrier for an officer but as they did very very inquiries, that was not too bad. Doing the full 22 makes it difficult to stop ladder climbing. Once one gets in the zone where skull zip operation may occur, that possibility takes over and one does not get selected or, is selected, and soon sees what a sham commissioned life in the Corps really is from the inside. I did just over the full 22 and enjoyed every moment - I think it was that I got lucky with the NI post and that lifted me until it was time to go - without the zip. No badges though other than my forum name.

Biscuits_AB said:
medalmonkey said:
And you don't get sneaky c*nts like you anywhere else either. You're the bloke who went to Channel 4 (Roger Cooke) about '85ish and sold the Corps down the river aren't you ?
Got a link so we can see him in his full glory?

B

Biscuits_AB

Sorry I haven't, but he appeared 'back to the camera' on 'The Cooke Reports' in the mid 80s. He'd just left the Corps embittered and was having a pop. Some of the sh*te he came out with as well. Pack of bloody lies. Even before he left he was one of the most hated men in RMP. Appearing on the box did f*ck all for his ratings.

He trades in medal collections (see the other thread), which, if he can get a personal history for, he gets more money for when he flogs them. HE has no interest in the Corps other than what it can do for him financially.

Hi y'all. Kinda glad I found this site (and thread!). I am in the process of joining up at the moment and my recruiter in Cardiff said nothing about no vacancies until 2008. Don't mind waiting a bit until there are vacancies but I'm getting to know Merthyr Tydfil far too well (not good for your health!).

Biscuits_AB said:
Sorry I haven't, but he appeared 'back to the camera' on 'The Cooke Reports' in the mid 80s. He'd just left the Corps embittered and was having a pop. Some of the sh*te he came out with as well. Pack of bloody lies. Even before he left he was one of the most hated men in RMP. Appearing on the box did f*ck all for his ratings.

He trades in medal collections (see the other thread), which, if he can get a personal history for, he gets more money for when he flogs them. HE has no interest in the Corps other than what it can do for him financially.
Nice one Biccies, your observational skills are impeccable as always :thumright:

Biscuits_AB said:

Am I missing something here as he has put he was SIB in 87 but you've got him down as leaving the Corps in the mid 80s .Or did both things coincide?

I do buy collections - I do not sell them, I sell off what I do not want, usually less than 5% of the collection - I am a collector, not a dealer.
I research to add interest to the medals - and yes research adds value but the time spent researching against increased value is probably 10% of minimum wage!

AGC(RMP) - a good career - wait for the vacancy

Bourne

Swinger
Hi all
Thank you for all your advice. I did stick to my guns, passed selection and got RMP. I havent been given any indication as to when i can join so i havent got a clue when i will be able to start. On the plus side i will be mega fit when the time comes if Nov 07 is the next date. Any way OH has a posting to Hereford so it just means getting another job until enlistment. Thanks again to everyone for their advice.

elovabloke

ADC
Just had a chat with 2 ACIO's down in this area and Jan 08 it seems is the earliest for RMP. They are fuming - forces under strength - no vacancies. Gordon Browns maths in operation?

Bourne

Swinger
hey
Just thought i would let you all know that i was told today that i start basic on the 9th of April, looking forward to phase 2 but crazy nervous about basic. You have all probably heard this before, but can you recommend anything to take to basic to make my lifte that little bit easier? Thank's

B

Biscuits_AB

Get running. Do press ups. Do sit ups. Get some sleep.

D.I.S.C.O

Old-Salt
Biscuits_AB said:

:thumright: Cheers Biscuits.

Had the damaged grey matter under strain until you put this post.

Slimey little toss pot.

Him not you, you're bigger than me
:winkrazz:

baz1986

Clanker
I went to careers office in the summer and my recruiter was eager to get me to go REME but I was adamant I wanted to go RMP and at the end of the day it is down to you what you want to do, not the recruiter. I passed selection in September (piece of piss) but I've had to wait till April 2007 to finally start my basic training down at Winchester. Limited places for RMP so you may find ur waiting a while after selection too.

Bourne said:
hey
Just thought i would let you all know that i was told today that i start basic on the 9th of April, looking forward to phase 2 but crazy nervous about basic. You have all probably heard this before, but can you recommend anything to take to basic to make my lifte that little bit easier? Thank's
Top of the range steam iron - can't go wrong with a good steam iron.

Latest Threads