No risk $10.5 million....who wants to join me

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BaldBaBoon, Dec 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got this through on windows live today.....sounds legit who wants to join me?

Dear **** *****,

Please do not be offended if this message comes to you as I ought to have sought your consent before mailing this proposal.I am Barrister Benson Leke an Attorney at law and the Personal Attorney and business lawyer to Engineer Garnet Smith Halliday former general manager of N.S.W gold-mine onwed by the Australians in Malawi,hereinafter shall be referred to as my client.I decided to contact you in order to champion such a business magnitude.My client was killed on the 08 march 2007 in an air crash as he travelled aboard a chartered flight to a Mine Site in Malawi.See link below:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/photos/2007/03/09/1867342.htm

He was en route Karonga,where the Australian Mining company PALADIN RESOURCES is building a uranium mine.I am contacting you to assist in repatriating the fund valued at US$10.5m,(Ten million and five hundred thousand United States Dollars),left behind by my client before it gets confiscated by the safe deposit section of a Finance Firm where this funds were kept.The Company has issued me an ultimatum to provide the next of kin/beneficary within the next twenty one official working days.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating any of my clients next of kin for two years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased since you share the same middle name as that of my late client,so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you.Therefore, I will not fail to inform you that this transaction is 100% risk free as i will perfect all documentation to be in accordance with banking principles to protect you from any breach of the law.

On smooth conclusion of this transaction, you will be entitled to 30% of the total sum as gratification, while 10% will be set aside to take care of expenses that may arise during the time of transfer and also telephone bills, while 60% will be for my effort. All I require from you is your honest co-operation to enable us see this transaction through.Upon your acceptance to this proposal,Your cellphone and fax numbers will be needed for easy communication.For further clarification you can always reach me for further clearifications.

Sincerely,

Barrister Benson Leke

2. Sound legit to me, Go for it!

3. Sadly this is a scam!
    How do i know this?
    Well Barrister Benson Leke is lying to you.
    He sent me the same letter the other day & unless your really a women, we are not related!

4. Hold on, I am Garnet Smith Halliday Jr - to hell with the PERSEC issues - and this is serious! I hadn't spoken the old chap for a while, not since he took my trust fund and bought a gold mine in Malawi in fact.

5. Bastard he owed me a tenner, twat

6. Wilbur Smith has really let himself go these days...

7. Dear Mr Cubbles (or rather Garnet Smith Halliday Jr),

I am the attorney working on behalf of the Malawian Government in the fraudulent use of your trust fund by your late father. Fortunately the Malawian Supreme Court have ordered me to return all the moneys fraudulently taken from you with interest. Please could you email me all of your bank details including any pass words and security codes in order that I can transfer the monies due.

Yours sincerely,

Lying-Bar Steward

Barrister (Honest)

8. What are you waiting for man go for it what do you have to loss. Don't forget to send your bank account details and pin number back to your new Nigerian bestes mate.

9. And there was I thinking 419'ers had packed their bags and ran long ago...

10. Im going to pass on this one as I have so many. I do however like your avator BaldBaBoon

11. Send em the Barons Shorty's Bank Details off the wiki page :)

12. 10.5m dollars? Seems like a lot of trouble to go to for 49p.

13. Ha ha ha, let me acknowledge the massive WAHHH in this post before I begin :)

I have to laugh everytime I see emails like this, because a: someone typed it out and sent it to me hoping I'd believe it, and b: People actually do fall for it!!!!?!!! The whole email straight away screams SCAM to anyone with half an ounce of intelligence before you even start to read them what with the totally informal means of contacting you, poor spelling, crazy story etc.

I had to laugh at a couple of things in this one, first was the 'since you share the same middle name' bit, because that of course is legally binding hahahahahaha, and as his middle name is Smith, that would make pretty much 10% of the UK 'entitled' to this scam and the second one was that he'd need over 1M USD to pay for telephone bills and administration costs. If I could be arssed I would spend more time ripping the p!ss out of this story, but like I said, these two jumped out and made me laugh as I brisked over it.

I'm sure he would need your bank details mate to pay the funds into your account. Make sure you spend your 3M USD wisely. WWWAAAAHHHHHHHHH

14. No way its all true when BaldBaBoon has his £10m tucked up in his account you will be so sorry. How could you think anyone just made that sort of story up then track down BBB and send him the good news. Have a bit of respect poor BBB has lost a long lost distant family member and I'm sure he and his family are deeply distress at the news of the demise of a much loved family member. The up side is they have a new close Nigerian family friend who will help them through the grieving process. RIP Garnet Smith Halliday (known as Alf) gone but not forgotten.

15. BaldBaBoon is a lying toe-rag - I got the same email offering me US$27.5 M so he's trying to rip us off!

If you would like to take action against this jackal then please send me $2,000 towards Lawyer Smith's legal fees.

Send it me me via Western Union. My name is Your Brother in Christ M'bongo M'bongo, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.