• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

No Red Arrows at Olympics

I have just been sent an e mail asking me to support a petition calling for the Red Arrows to be allowed to display at the 2012 Olympics in Londomn becuse some Gov a*** has decreed that theb Reds are 'too militaristic and British and may upset some other nations'

Would anyone care to comment on this? I know as an ex-crab we didn't exactly love the Reds, but to ban them from displaying because they are too British is well.....words fail me!!!

Ispeakcrabandpongo said:
I have just been sent an e mail asking me to support a petition calling for the Red Arrows to be allowed to display at the 2012 Olympics in Londomn becuse some Gov a*** has decreed that theb Reds are 'too militaristic and British and may upset some other nations'

Would anyone care to comment on this? I know as an ex-crab we didn't exactly love the Reds, but to ban them from displaying because they are too British is well.....words fail me!!!
There was a thread about this a while back, which concluded that owing to global warming the Reds must, sadly, be grounded in 2012, unless advances in fuel technology allowed them to be powered with cow dung effluent.

Display commitee havent sorted out 2008 season yet. This is a non story that so far has only been written in the scum

crabnomore said:
Display commitee havent sorted out 2008 season yet. This is a non story that so far has only been written in the scum
Seconded, the Olympic committee haven't decided what they want for the 2012 games. They'll probably make their minds up in late 2011, by which time it'll be too late to book anyone other than Bob Carolgees and Keith Harris.

Bat_Crab said:
crabnomore said:
Seconded, the Olympic committee haven't decided what they want for the 2012 games. They'll probably make their minds up in late 2011, by which time it'll be too late to book anyone other than Bob Carolgees and Keith Harris.

Like a good CSE show then

Bat_Crab said:
crabnomore said:
Have Bob Carolgees and Keith Harris got pilots licenses then?

Murphy_Slaw said:
Bat_Crab said:
crabnomore said:
Have Bob Carolgees and Keith Harris got pilots licenses then?
Only Rod Hull thought he had a pilots licence.

Well he thought he could fly when he leapt off that roof
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Ispeakcrabandpongo said:

Try forwarding the email to Gee-don broon,i hear he is very pro british and apparently he has some clout around here.Let us know how it goes. :D

crabnomore said:

I think you will find the 2008 season is pretty much done and dusted, the copy on my desk seams very full anyway.

/GR

Ispeakcrabandpongo said:
I look forward to watching the Brent Council vegan lesbian tricycle display team thrilling the crowds at the opening ceremony.

Ispeakcrabandpongo said:

This may clarify the situation

Quote from the RAF

big_mad_ejit said:
Ispeakcrabandpongo said:
I look forward to watching the Brent Council vegan lesbian tricycle display team thrilling the crowds at the opening ceremony.
They'll be stiff competition from the All-England Underwater Flower Arranging Team led by Mustapha Pee and his mate Giesma Hatncoat.

Nurse, where's the damn pills?

big_mad_ejit said:
Ispeakcrabandpongo said:
WTF is a lesbian tricycle???

big_mad_ejit said:
Ispeakcrabandpongo said:
Ive seen them before, very good how they manage to stay on them tricycles without a seat ;-)

It is a series of athletic games, why do they need a bunch of hyper-active self-obsessed schoolboys in boiler suits to make it go with a bang? Unless the barrows are planning on putting in a few shifts building the swimming pool, arena and rowing lake??