No Red Arrows at Olympics

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by Ispeakcrabandpongo, Sep 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just been sent an e mail asking me to support a petition calling for the Red Arrows to be allowed to display at the 2012 Olympics in Londomn becuse some Gov a*** has decreed that theb Reds are 'too militaristic and British and may upset some other nations'

Would anyone care to comment on this? I know as an ex-crab we didn't exactly love the Reds, but to ban them from displaying because they are too British is well.....words fail me!!!

2. There was a thread about this a while back, which concluded that owing to global warming the Reds must, sadly, be grounded in 2012, unless advances in fuel technology allowed them to be powered with cow dung effluent.

3. Display commitee havent sorted out 2008 season yet. This is a non story that so far has only been written in the scum

4. Seconded, the Olympic committee haven't decided what they want for the 2012 games. They'll probably make their minds up in late 2011, by which time it'll be too late to book anyone other than Bob Carolgees and Keith Harris.

5. Like a good CSE show then

6. Have Bob Carolgees and Keith Harris got pilots licenses then?

7. Only Rod Hull thought he had a pilots licence.

Well he thought he could fly when he leapt off that roof
    :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

8. Try forwarding the email to Gee-don broon,i hear he is very pro british and apparently he has some clout around here.Let us know how it goes. :D

9. I think you will find the 2008 season is pretty much done and dusted, the copy on my desk seams very full anyway.

/GR

10. I look forward to watching the Brent Council vegan lesbian tricycle display team thrilling the crowds at the opening ceremony.

11. This may clarify the situation

Quote from the RAF

12. They'll be stiff competition from the All-England Underwater Flower Arranging Team led by Mustapha Pee and his mate Giesma Hatncoat.

Nurse, where's the damn pills?

13. Cheers 48A

It seems that the RAF are saying what I have said for a long time

Don't Believe Everything You Read In The papers

It's a link to the RAF press release by the way, and is one in the eye for a certain newspaper which is intent on publishing that which isn't so.

14. WTF is a lesbian tricycle???

15. Ive seen them before, very good how they manage to stay on them tricycles without a seat ;-)