No RAMC service??

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by nursienorth, Jun 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes, i know it might seem wierd that a nurse is posting this but hey, i'll always be a medic at heart.

It's just been brought to my attention that there is no RAMC service AT ALL within this area of the North East which i think is absolutly ridiculous concidering we are home to a medical regt and an MDHU.

What is happening people!! Where is the spirit of the Corps??

It's actually quite embarrasing.

2. As church services are relatively under attended, MDHU(N) are having a unit funday including 3cs and 34. finishing with an all ranks function for CORP day.

Are you at the MDHU ???

3. Would that be CORP or CORPS? LOL

4. Whether or not Church services are under attended or not is irrelevant. All RAMC soldiers and Officers not on essential duties should be attending some sort of service for Corp day.

Yet again it seems that it would be to much of an inconveniance and burden for this to have been arranged.

The Corp is turning into a joke.

5. That's not until July...

I don't necessarily want a church service...but 'something' would be better thasn nothing. Even the QA's are having a car boot sale the weekend of 22nd.

6. i know i said they are unattended by many, but ido stil feel that we should have a church service and bring back drumhead at keogh....them were the days.

7. [quote="nursienorth]
    That's not until July...

I don't necessarily want a church service...but 'something' would be better thasn nothing. Even the QA's are having a car boot sale the weekend of 22nd.[/quote]

The thing is nursie is that half the QA at the north mdhu dont give a toss about anything outside of work !!! goto work ...go home. MDHU killed all the military ethos etc.

We were told to goto QA church service the other year, and then when ours comes round only a handfull turn up. So whats the point as half of you wouldnt bther anyway as it would interfere withyour weekend off.

8. Now that is something i agree with!!!

9. Military ethos gone!!!

Too true. But that's another story...

I just think that their should be an option. The Drumhead weekend was always excellent. AMS athletics, then bar, the Drumhead!!! Always a good weekend.

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Now a dark distant memory, only mentioned by those fading dinosaurs. A great day but now just a hinderance to a weekend off on the lash.

11. I always remembered the Corps weekend as an excellent weekend on the lash, athletics with hangover, church service with thundering head, drumhead not knowing left from right. Curry lunch with beer with the old and bold, meeting old mates, fun, unit hierachy kept off your back for a while.

12. Do we no longer have a Corps Razza to organise this kind of thing?

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

It been gone to long to resurect and we have no where to hold the parade now as its a car park...........

14. Your conservatory seemed big enough

15. Yes we do still have a corps RSM. he works out out AMD in camberley iirc