No RAMC intake till April?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Scottish_CMT, Dec 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this true? Wanted to join as a CMT and my recruiting Sgt said it could be April at the earliest but as he's unsure I thought I'd check here.

Suppose it leaves enough time to get fit and ready for basic...
  2. You've got a 22 year career ahead of you fella, whats a couple of months? If CMT is the trade for you then wait till they give you a place. I doubt it will be till then and more likely the AFCO are trying to up their quota on another arm or service.

You hit the nail on the head, spend a couple of months doing phys, a bit of research etc and you'l find trg. a whole lot easier. Besides, who wants to start trg. with a new year hangover?
  3. Well I went to selection in June, and got a January date for basic. I was told I had one of the last spaces for January, so I assume April filled up in the 6months leading up to now.
  4. I passed my selection and got a phone call within 2 weeks telling me there was a space, mind that was 14 years ago, there may be a place that comes up quicker than you have been told due to unforeseen circumstances so stick with it.
  5. There are intakes for RAMC before then but not necessarilly for CMT's.

All places are bid for by individual cadres and possibly the CMT ones are already allocated.

Also its no good doing Phase 1 if there is no Phase 2 slot available.
  6. I thought the trade (cmt) was undermaned at the minute, but by the looks of it all the phase 2 slots are being filled.
  7. Yes it is true, there are no phase 2 training vacancies for CMT until the next training year. There are lots of other Regt / Corps that have no vacancies until April 2009 either.

Whats an extra couple of months to wait if you really want a particular job?