No Prosecution for Most MPs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Whet, Jun 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Link
  2. No! No prosecutions! This is incredible, but not really a surprise.

The lady who gave an incorrect address for her five year old child, will of course, face the full wrath of the law.

What is left of this government, stinks like Billingsgate Market during a cleaners' strike in the middle of August!
  3. It's not like normal people lose their job or get jailed for fraud.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

So the MP who claimed £13,000 for a non-existant mortgage will get away with it then?How can you claim for something that does'nt exist,I thought you had to provide a little thing called proof before claiming anything,or did he present the claim chit with a "Do you mind signing this,old boy?" attitude?
    But I suppose it's alright as he's agreed to pay it back.
    You or I would end up in the nick with a criminal record.
  5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

This is based on a lie, to wit that the Fees Office, whether by balls-up or deliberate favour, can sanction an illegal act. Saved somebody's knighthhood I suppose.
  6. Where will it all end eh? Joe public would be getting shafted in all directions if they had done this.

I seem to remember the liebore leaders in the age of Tory government giving them stick and they prove themselves to be no better, or even worse. Look at Kinnock. He gets how much for doing what exactly?

I truly despair the state of this country.
  7. I'd like to see the Met investigate the myriad of disability and other benefit claims by the scrounging welfare class too. What's the betting that doesn't happen during Cyclops's tenure?
  8. The article doesn't blame only one party - or have I read it completely wrong? Was Labour worse at it than the Tories - I don't think so.
  9. I didn't see Cyclops sacking any of his clan! As for the 'Filth' not doing anything no surprises there, though they probably wanted to but are being hampered a certain individual! :x
  10. I see Ian Gibson has resigned as an MP to force a by-election. Seems to think he'll get re-elected as an independent after using his taxpayer funded expenses to pay his daughter's mortgage. After the taxpayer had conveniently paid off the mortgage, Ian generously sold the house to his daughter for a fraction of what it's worth.

He's just been on telly, genuinely unable to understand why anyone thinks he has done anything wrong. He's got a majority of about five and a half thousand to there is a realistic prospect that he'll get his backside kicked out of Parliament by the Tories.

And I hope HMRC are getting ready to bankrupt his daughter for the massive taxpayer funded freebies she was getting.
  11. No?

Morley, Chayter and the others all decided to do the honourable thing did they? Gibson jumped of his own accord (Im not talking about his leaving parliament, which was an act of spite since he was told to leave at the next election.)

I don't think so.
  12. I find it hard to believe that there wasn´t collusion from the ´nodding dogs´that were signing all these chits,MP´s must have been swapping hints at how to get the most out of the system,surely this could be classed as `Conspiracy to Defraud`or whatever It´s called these days.I believe the Old Bailey is the chosen Court for this type of offence?
  13. Dashing and daring,
    Courageous and caring,
    Faithful and friendly,
    With stories to share.
    All through the forest,
    They sing out in chorus,
    Marching along,
    As their song fills the air.

Gummi Bears!!
    Bouncing here and there and everywhere.
    High adventure that's beyond compare.
    They are the Gummi Bears.

Magic and mystery,
    Are part of their history,
    Along with the secret,
    Of gummiberry juice.
    Their legend is growing,
    They take pride in knowing,
    They'll fight for what's right,
    In whatever they do.

Gummi Bears!!
    Bouncing here and there and everywhere.
    High adventure that's beyond compare.
    They are the Gummi Bears.
    They are the Gummi Bears!!

I thak yo.
  14. I have read in the paper today that the Mets will be looking at 3 MP's who have claimed on Morgages they had paid off. But at the end of the day the CPS decide who to prosecute and guess who pulls their strings. Still the public can punish all of them at the next General Election.
  15. Any piccies of the daughter?