• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

No proof water stops dehydration apparently

De - Hydration Hmmm Hydration = Water, so De = non. De-Hydration + Water = Even footing. 3 years to work that one out ? wheres my E30,000,000 sheikls to work that out ?

I'm all for it if it stops the bottled water industry making people carry a half litre bottle around with them at all times. It's all tosh, I barely touch the stuff myself.

How long before this one hits the Euro myth site?

The ruling says that you are not allowed to claim that your bottled water is better at treating dehydration than anything else.

"This claim is trying to imply that there is something special about bottled water which is not a reasonable claim.”

As a lad I sailed with an old chap who drank little but Pernod. Sent below to pour him a glass mid-Channel, I made the mistake of asking if he'd like water in it. He spluttered and snorted before saying ''What? Are you mad? Have you seen what the ******* stuff does to kettles?''

EU babble at work to be sure but what they are saying (in a vastly expensive and stupid way) is that those who flog bottled water at vastly inflated prices cannot try to imply in their marketing bollox that there is something "special" about bottled water (as opposed to say the stuff that comes out of the tap) in terms of preventing dehydration.

That should have taken about 10 minutes of course.

EU babble at work to be sure but what they are saying (in a vastly expensive and stupid way) is that those who flog bottled water at vastly inflated prices cannot try to imply in their marketing bollox that there is something "special" about bottled water (as opposed to say the stuff that comes out of the tap) in terms of preventing dehydration.
That should have taken about 10 minutes of course.
So surely this would be a matter for each country's ASA to rule on?

I feel nothing but disdain for the Common market, ECM, EU, and whatever they metomorphise into. But **** me they do come up with some shite. But from a wedge of dictators who consider Cuntess Ashton a suitable ambassador, and a primary school teacher with her husband, who couldn't get elected by his own nation, suitable people to tell me how I should live my life. Well to misquote the chancellor of Germany, purveyors of global conflict twice, plus the Franco-prussian war 1870.

'If the eurozone fails, I can't guarantee European peace.'

Well you failed twice so far, maybe a third time will show that having France sucking you off is still not going to help you win.

Giving blood these days, the latest fad is to make you drink a pint of the filthy stuff beforehand. All it does is make you want to pish like a thirsty race horse on the way home again.

Latest Threads