No Poofters.

Having been to Russia this comes as no surprise.

Any protest (I'd imagine) would involve pink because it is massively stereotypical and a bit gay.

Surely just competing in the male figure skating is going to count as promoting gayness though?

Or a hamster? Possibly a 40s-stylee matinee pic of Jarrod, a lighted Silk Cut dangling from his hand.
In a cigarette holder please, he does have some class.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
It would be nice to see a mass protest by competitors over this,with entire teams skipping through the opening ceremony holidng same sex hands wearing bright colours and defy the Russian authorities to arrest the whole US and European teams. But we won't.

I like Russia. Not a **** is given by them every day.

Russia anti-gay laws: Athletes at Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics who promote 'non-traditional sexuality' will be arrested | Metro News

The Russians refuse to change the law for the olympics.

I wonder if we are going to get a repeat of the old Black Power salute on the winners rostrum?

What would they hold clenched in the air I wonder?
Why should a country change their laws for the Olympics? It also says "promote" gayerism, not practice. Seems to be a bit of a non story designed to add a stop to the outrage route

Why should a country change their laws for the Olympics? It also says "promote" gayerism, not practice. Seems to be a bit of a non story designed to add a stop to the outrage route
I suppose it all depends on what the definition of "promote" would be, would you need to be handing out copies of the pink manifesto whilst waving a rainbow flag or would holding hands be enough?

Personally I think it is going to be interesting.

Should the LBGTs boycott the games to show their disapproval and support for their Russian co-gays or should they go along anyway to show they are not scared? Or will they just go along and keep their sexuality to themselves and be castigated as hypocrites by Outrage and others of that ilk?

I suppose it all depends on what the definition of "promote" would be, would you need to be handing out copies of the pink manifesto whilst waving a rainbow flag or would holding hands be enough?
The story mentions displaying the rainbow flag and attending pride parades, so I'm guessing that the official line is "anything that gives the copper an excuse to harass/arrest/beat up gays".

Holding hands in public maybe?

They have produced some very talented male ballerinas. Nureyev (GAY) being one of them. Wonder why the did ban him back in the day?

Hypocrites.
The commies didn't care. It is only a recent change in the law* that has started all this.

*Russian orthodox church getting some influence back perhaps?

The commies didn't care because they had the Americans (and us) as bogeymen to fear and distract the populace.

Hitler had his Jews, Pol Pot had his intellectuals, Putin has his homos. It's all the same.