No pension increase 2010

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by supermatelot, Apr 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just phoned Paymaster. Recorded message played before you get to speak to somebody says: If you are calling about pension increases for 2010 please be advised there is no increase due to the negative RPI and this is controlled by parliament".

This contradicts the pension leaflet info that stated 1.5%, surely???
  2. there is no increase because RPI went into the negative -1.4% be lucky you saw no decrease!
  3. I know about negative RPI etc but i'm querying the fact the leaflets etc still state a min of 1.5% regardless of negative RPI.

I'm grateful for what I've got but it just seems a bit "sneaky" to me. Does not surprise me though. Suppose this is the preamble to the decreases...
  4. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

What leaflet?
    War Pensions are going up by 1.5% though, is that what you are thinking of?
  5. war pension went up by 1. something, I received a leaflet from paymaster explaining why no change this year, was just relieved that there was no decrease.

I think this is one to watch out for!
  6. Just tried to phone Paymaster again to clarify and speak to someone. Phones just ringing and ringing now. Maybe I've started an outrage bus and they have a deluge of calls?

I've not had my annual statement through the door yet, my mate has though who alerted me an hour ago.

Can't help thinking we are being let down gently and prepared for decreases :x

There is a link to the 2010 increases that never were on here somewhere.Will search for it.

Here is a link:

Prepare to be well and truly fcuked over further down the line lads.

8. What a big surprise, NOT, the lying, corrupt bunch of criminals in westminster voted themselves a rise & then tell everybody else, tough titty! The fucking bastards! Talk about arrogance, hanging is too good for the scum!! :x :x
  9. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

As I said 1.5% for War Pensions
    As you say nil on Service Pensions.
    People are getting the types of pensions mixed up & this must about the 10th time a new thread has been started since rates were announced.
  10. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

I get no increase on my company pension either as that is index linked.
    & for the life of me I can't see how my service pension should be treated differently.
    I do get the 1.5% on my War Pension as that is linked to Social Security benefit rates.
  11. When I spoke to them I queried whether war pensions were included in the recorded message and I was categorically told "No increase on any service pensions across the board".

Phone them:

0845 121 2514 (Xaffinity Paymaster)
  12. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

Paymaster does NOT pay War Pensions.
    I've had my first payment on the new rate.
    They are paid direct by SPVA.
  13. Mines a service attributable pension - tax exempt paid by paymaster.
    The associated bumpf that I've got in leaflet form states min of 1.5% increase.

I know there are many different types of pensions but lets not argue semantics shall we? It's still the case that many who were led to believe they would recieve 1.5% this year will not.
  14. Just read the SPVA leaflet online - confirms no increase this year for service attributable.

Guess I was getting confused with the guaranteed minimum payment (GMP) that is stated on all the bumpf i've got already - obviously mine does not qualify for that.

Yep, you were right Oldbaldy.