No overstretch in the RAF

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Dread, Nov 24, 2006.

?
  1. He wants his peerage

17.6%
  2. To protect his pension

11.8%
  3. He thinks it will get him promoted

8.8%
  4. He genuinely believes what he is saying

11.8%
  5. He is a side scuttling little oik who wears polyester

50.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the BBC:

Link:Desperate for a knighthood

My only feeling is that Iain is letting the RAF down by trotting out the Neu Lairbour line of stretched but not overstretched boll0xs. I wonder if he has ever talked to people who have gone through the experience of moving with Crab Air in the last 30 years.

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Exactly my thoughts when I read it. This guy is part of the problem and just has his head in the sand hoping to avoid a fuss. Tosser!!

3. He's only a 2 star and there are a lot of those in light blue chasing the remaining stars and accompanying "K". He's also AOC 2 Group (presumably a "bluntie") and therefore with a handicap from the outset.

Note that the current CinC of Strike Command is Air Chief Marshal Sir Joe French, formerly Chief of Defence Intelligence and Hutton witness. Not bad for a helicopter driver! It's normally the fast jet bombers who end up in that job. "Playing the game" and all that.... :twisted:

4. I caught the end of the interview and was impressed by his delivery of the message but was not impressed with the content of his message.

We are wearing out the (entire) fleet at a terrific rate.

Litotes

5. With that sort of 'support' is it any wonder that the men and women on the ground (or in the air) in all three services feel that they are unheard by their superiors in Whitehall?

They should look at people like the RM Sgt who speak out no matter how bad it is for their career, the truth needs to be told when things are as bad as they are.

The AVM may be fishing for his knighthood, but he should be doing his job and be greateful that he's going to get a pension that many of us can just dream about.

6. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

Another tube of the highest order!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back the all-ranks, all-arms penal battalions.

7. Gen Dannatt has loads of backbone. He might want to lend some to this spineless mandarin.