• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

No one likes a bullpup

It certainly solves one of the major objections to a bullpup rifle. There's another ambidextrous bullpup design out too, can't recall the manufacturere at the mo, don't think they put it into production mind. Might have been magpul. Was discussed on here briefly a month or so back.

Err I used the one that fired real 5.56`s not kids gaming CGI shite
I think he was joking dear heart...

It certainly solves one of the major objections to a bullpup rifle. There's another ambidextrous bullpup design out too, can't recall the manufacturere at the mo, don't think they put it into production mind. Might have been magpul. Was discussed on here briefly a month or so back.
Theres quite a few these days, things like the Isreali Tavour, Belgian FN 2000 and so P90.

G

goatrutar

Steyr AUG?

Three ambidextrous bullpups in rifle calibres of which I am aware, of which two are in production
FN Herstal's F2000
Kel-tec's RFB
and the non-firing-prototype-only Magpul PDR, which has been discussed on some thread previously - "Replacement for the SA80" or something like.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
They all seem rather over-complex though - this seems to be a simple, elegant solution.
A solution the author Tony Williams has been banging on about for a few years. Interesting that the whole cheek piece moves over, I think just the forward half would be sufficient. But hey it's the guy's first ever design/protoype so kudos to him. Nice work.

[video=youtube;-gbfmejxjIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gbfmejxjIM[/video]

Alsacien

MIA
Excellent picture and shows why Bull-pups are the 'solution' for arms designers who don't have the gumption to design a folding or telescoping stock for when you need to compact your gat
I take it you have never fired a folding stock FAL or similiar then?
Have you even fired a bullpup design?

P

PrinceAlbert

A clever design. I can only assume that the ejection is caused by a bar that the case hits moving rearwords (as in the Browning 9mm pistols design) and when you rotate the cheek piece from one side to the other it slides the ejection bar/prong to the other side with it.

Latest Threads