No Navy, No Army, No FA

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Markintime, Aug 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nesscliffe, bugger, where will I stay on the cheap at the reunion?

2. Fuck me, thats a lot of disposal sites.

Wonder if the papers will report this?

3. SERVICES COTSWOLD
    CENTRE
    Corsham

Still have a home for the dumped wives club then

4. Panic ye not Ugly, Nesscliffe is staying, I'd be very surprised if it was disposed of any time soon, very handy for Brecon , and lots of other training.

5. Fcuking rubbish.

How many camps are not on there as Corps camps?

6. enclave, Biggin Hill? Whats that? I thought all MOD/RAF presence had gone from there. Is it the chapel?

7. Don't think so.

8. So who or whats going to be left in Aldershot, where I spent my 'innocent' teens.

9. Cos its wikipedia don't mean its correct. There is an Air Training Corps Sqn, 2427 still there but, they are technically on land belonging to Bernie Eclleston, and probably have rights as sitting tenants. AFAIK Bernie wants them out, but can't get rid of them.

I have a little local accomodation problem, which could be solved at a stroke, if I knew what or where 'Enclave' was and could get neccessary permissions and access. My ACF unit has been evicted from its home in a local school in Biggin Hill, and we need somewhere long(er) term to house the unit. Since this 'enclave' is not to be sold off for at at least 15 years, this would be ideal.

10. Partway down page 2 on Markintime's link, we seem to have a core location called "Intentionally Blank"

Something to do with "them"? We all know the boathouse walls are white this season, so... :D

11. Surely a typo what?

v. spent (spěnt), spend·ing, spends

v. tr.
    To use up or put out; expend: spent an hour exercising.
    To pay out (money).
    To wear out; exhaust: The storm finally spent itself.
    To pass (time) in a specified manner or place etc.etc.

Felt

1. To perceive by the touch; to take cognizance of by means of the nerves of sensation distributed all over the body, especially by those of the skin; to have sensation excited by contact of (a thing) with the body or limbs. etc.etc.

12. Such nice twisted memories re-surfacing after all this time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Well it was the 70's

13. The flea pit (Palace?), Exchange, Crimea, GT, George, does anyone know if they're still there?

14. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

DSDC LLangennach is on the list....I assume MOD Pubs is now being sub-contracted out to Waterstones then?

Bugger me...West Court Mess is on the list as well....anyone told the REME that Fountain diving will be off the corps sports day agenda.

S_R