no more ta for me thanks, i'm full......

Lets face it, to join the TA nowadays you should more than expect to be called up, to go join our regular brother and sisters, in some far off land. You should also expect to be fighting for a cause that has nothing to do with British interest's, moral that is.
By the luck of the God's your job and family life will still be intact whenever you get home. Which is good, because after the humiliating experience of trying to do a regular soldiers task's with TA preparation i.e painting wagons, picking up litter,organising the next regt. function, your going to need all the comforts you can get, because not long after you come home you could be getting ready to go away again. BUT AT LEAST THERES THE PENSION TO LOOK FORWARD TOO!!!
What does it say about a goverment,that's prepared to send it's TA personel off to war at a moments notice, but looks for loop holes so as not to give them the same as their regular counterparts?????
SHAME ON YOU BLAIR!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

If you don't like it. Vote with your feet and fcuk off. Simple really. So all youve done is paint wagons etc? You are a scalie you must have done your class 3 otherwise you wouldn't be able to be deployed. You've done your trade you are a fully traind Rsigs soldier...Ergo expect to be off somewhere hot and smelly

forniup said:
If you don't like it. Vote with your feet and fcuk off. Simple really. So all youve done is paint wagons etc? You are a scalie you must have done your class 3 otherwise you wouldn't be able to be deployed. You've done your trade you are a fully traind Rsigs soldier...Ergo expect to be off somewhere hot and smelly
Yep.

If sigs was hard it would be a REME trade, my time in the TA is excelent, i was in the gulf and had no problems.If you take the queens shilling then you expect to go to war if you have too. I was out there on telic 1 FEB 03 TO AUG 03 with very little kit or call up notice . STOP WHINGEING.

There is a rumour of an election this year...

You can vote for a change of tour! surely there must be WMD in the Bahamas !

Look on the bright side you are not part of one of the Scottish units that have been shafted under the recent changes..

A few years ago we wondered if we would ever get used.. other than as a Russian speed bump

Goes with the territory I am afraid.. time to polish my zimmer frame

Tooldtodieyoung said:
Look on the bright side you are not part of one of the Scottish units that have been shafted under the recent changes..
?? Wasn't most of the changes in Southern English Regiments

polar said:
Tooldtodieyoung said:
?? Wasn't most of the changes in Southern English Regiments
Yeah polar I believe you are quite right: RGBW D&D have been shelved completly.
Again tooldtodieyoung gets his facts wrong HA HA!!!

well said sigstab. Take no notice of the others they are the moral cowards who dare not speak up and want the staus quo maintained so that they don't have to fight for anything other than their place in the naafi queue! If you don't like it clear off is their battle cry. We don't want change cos that might make us think about what we are doing.
Why question anything when you can just take orders? Why should TA get a pension when they are doing the same job as the real soldiers? don't worry guys they will soon have you replaced with real robots. then you will have to retire and live on your pension. What it wn't be enough? well fight for more then. Oh wait you don't do that do you.

A TA Major went to court and lost. He went to court to represent US.

At least, he damn well spoke up.

Sigstab is making a point about the pension deficiency , he is not saying the TA is bonk.

"If you don't like it , leave"

Newsflash. It's not as simple as that any more, is it , as certain people who thought they HAD left , found Glasgow had different ideas.

Six months in the gulf was an adventure but i wont go again doing the same job unless they pay me like a civillian contractor .iraq dosent affect
and I care about the middle east not a jot.
Once i get my bounty either going to leave or transfer .Not sure if its because i a old fart and frezzing in an frv losses its apeal ,Or the fact that
never going to fight a war just stag on while someone else does it. With
half the coy group away at anyone time it does make the ta a lot diffrent than the unit i joined

Tooldtodieyoung said:
The Scottish Council of Colonels voted for this "shafting". The manpower goes to the vocal minority and the English still have to prop up a Scots Bn.

isleofwightrifles said:
The Scottish Council of Colonels voted for this "shafting". The manpower goes to the vocal minority and the English still have to prop up a Scots Bn.
So true, if they can pay then they can keep their Bn's but not on my tax return

It took, what, 5 years for RSDG to find another 50 odd troopers to reform D squadron. The problem is Scots don't join the army as much anymore, so obviously battalions must be cut.

Drongo and Part time pongo are you the only two who actually read my message before making a reply??????????
I will spell it out quite clearly for the rest of the tunnel visioned robots.
The TA are being abused by the Government of this land, by not being offered the same basic incentives and perks as their regular counterparts. In my opinion, TA personel have to make greater sacrifices than regulars to go and do exactly the same job. Yet the Government do not think that these sacrifices are worth rewarding with i.e a pension. In my opinion, all TA personel should be offered a pension after 6 months service. Lets face it, as some of the robots have said ' if you take the queens shilling', yawn,yawn. Yes, if you sign up to be posted at a moments notice to be pulled out of one life and be placed in an other that the Government see's fit. Then let the Government pay for that, by means of a lovely pension for the brave men and woman of the TA.
Before any of you Government puppets come off with anymore of your supid comments about ' whinging '. How about standing up for yourselves.
Could it be your one of the TA wannabies, never done a day in the army but thinks he's RAMBO. Got plenty of gucci kit (still in the wrapper) not afraid to use it???
EQUAL RIGHTS FOR STABS.
LOVE YOU ALL

Its just another case of this government getting an army on the cheap casual labour no overheads use once and discard!

I totally agree with you in so much that we are being abused... the issue with pension is as you say a clever way of getting an Army on the cheap.

You points are correct, ..we are being shortchanged, and being seen as Casual labour is an insult!

However, even if we did come into the army pension this would be based on time spent in green kit,meaning that bar a tour, and assuming we average 35 to 40 days a year, it would take 10 years for us to accrue the equivalent of 1 years regular service from a point of view of the pension,(1/60th in technical terms, speak to a financial adviser if you want more info). If you did 2 tours at best you'd add 1 and half more years to this.

I have posted info on our pension options

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12839

I am not saying you are wrong, the alternative would be for the government to make a contribution to a pension on our behalf ie for the time we do e.g. a Stakeholder . We would need to be careful here, the Police pension requires a 11% personal contribution.. they could argue the same, ie even less in our pocket.

I am not a pensions spotter(forniup before you add anything),but I work in the pensions industry.

perhaps if through ARSSE we could get enough interest, local press, Soldier Mag whatever, we could pursue this one, but it would need political will.Major Manson was no numpty, so it would need alot of us to back this

I for one will not be voting for the honourable member for Texas East, but I still enjoy being a stab....

Us robots should make a stand, but it needs money and a ton of us to get together.. don't know if that is practical.

Also.. being one of the robots you describe..I was one of the robots that spent time in Sandy place, so would like to see better compensation

sigstab said:
Drongo and Part time pongo are you the only two who actually read my message before making a reply??????????
I will spell it out quite clearly for the rest of the tunnel visioned robots.
The TA are being abused by the Government of this land, by not being offered the same basic incentives and perks as their regular counterparts. In my opinion, TA personel have to make greater sacrifices than regulars to go and do exactly the same job. Yet the Government do not think that these sacrifices are worth rewarding with i.e a pension. In my opinion, all TA personel should be offered a pension after 6 months service. Lets face it, as some of the robots have said ' if you take the queens shilling', yawn,yawn. Yes, if you sign up to be posted at a moments notice to be pulled out of one life and be placed in an other that the Government see's fit. Then let the Government pay for that, by means of a lovely pension for the brave men and woman of the TA.
Before any of you Government puppets come off with anymore of your supid comments about ' whinging '. How about standing up for yourselves.
Could it be your one of the TA wannabies, never done a day in the army but thinks he's RAMBO. Got plenty of gucci kit (still in the wrapper) not afraid to use it???
EQUAL RIGHTS FOR STABS.
LOVE YOU ALL
Sigstab. Not all of your points were on pensions they were on TA training aswell (or the lack of it in your unit). it shouldn't be that hard to sort out some interesting training. A while ago my unit was the same all works tickets and sweeping out garages. Some of us got together and had a chat about what we felt was needed and put some lessons together. We also let the PSi know the score. The bottom line is sh1te training no one turns up. We were lucky our PSI is quite proactive. I'm not saying this will work everywhere but give it a go.
I didn't say the TA shouldn't have a pension. There are los of factors involved, for one if the TA did have a pension we would probably forfit the bounty. Which helps a lot of us justify staying in to the missus(pays for holidays etc). There are also the problems of accumalating hours and I don't think it would add up to anything substantial at the end of service being that there are a lot of people who don't stay in for all that long. If you want why don't you post here how you think it should work rather than just saying we should have one.I'll start you off. The army could set up a pension fund for you and you could pay your bounty into it (just an idea)
Yep B-Liar is a cnut and getting his army on the cheap by using us but everyone of us knew the score when we signed on. I don't think that by a couple of people shouting about it on Arrse it will not get the Ta a pension. The legal precident has been set. We are "part time" and "casual labour" (according to the recent court case). Not that I aggree with the casual labour bit. Nor the part time bit on ops.
And before you go on about people who disagree with you being TA wannabies, does it matter if anyone has been on ops or not. We are all part of the TA. Just because someones been on a tour it doesn't give them mor of a right to a view.
Oh and yes i have done a tour!

Was having a bit of a look on the Army / MoD site today, and hadn't thought about this before, but there was a bit about how Army pay is boosted by the X-factor to take into account the upheaval of Army life etc etc, but then - here's the interesting bit - the pay is also abated to take into account the fact that the Army pension is supposedly so much better than a civilian one

But - wait a minute - aren't we supposed to get the same daily rate as our ertswhile Regular brethren...?

Well, I'll have mine without that abatement then thanks Tony!

I will say though that the Pension issue is a bit of a red herring. Its obviously a load of b0ll0cks that we are "casual labour" - I don't recall my paper round or bar job forcibly removing me from my family for 6 months+ at a time :? ...

However they do pay your normal pension contributions while you're away and you wouldn't accrue a whole lot of Army pension on your 27 days a year TBH.

The real issue is deeper - what seems to be the current "Army on the cheap" concept and the (ab)use of the TA to cover inaedquate resourcing, and the move away from an established Army for the first time in English /British history since mediaeval times.

And no, it wasn't that way when some of us signed up originally, and nor was it made clear to us that things had changed when we came to renew our engagements.

clownbasher said:
The real issue is deeper - what seems to be the current "Army on the cheap" concept and the (ab)use of the TA to cover inaedquate resourcing, and the move away from an established Army for the first time in English /British history since mediaeval times.

And no, it wasn't that way when some of us signed up originally, and nor was it made clear to us that things had changed when we came to renew our engagements.
Clownbasher you are quite right on both points here B-Liar sving money and putting more pressure on the TA. My point about knowing the score when we signed on the dotted was directed at pensions. I can probably guess what you were told ref deployment. Look into my eyes, my eyes not around the eyes look into the eyes. There hasn't been a general call out of the TA since WWII it will never happen unless we are attacked....... or words to that effect!! :lol:

My argument here is about sigsstab's training...

If thats all they have you doing mate your not even of any use to the cadets :lol:

I'm in infantry so the training will be different to the signals but sigs still have to know how to soldier, how to fire a weapon, how to maintain a weapons, fieldcraft, all basic soldiering skills, then you will be taught your trade by your unit, which for you, is signals and comms, so you will be posted or attached to a regular unit ONLY to do signals work. So your training is enough for you to do your job when deployed aint it?

We have 7 4-tonne Befords and 7 Landrovers and I have never been asked to paint them :lol: Been asked to decorate them for parades ect but never to paint them. nor have I been asked to pick up litter because A good soldier and a good company keeps their Barrack clean.

Also just to reinforce an earlier point, for TELIC one, we were called up with a fortnight's notice, but, Work out in Iraq is all about Basic Soldiering, maintaning your weapon (your weapon always comes first) then cleaning yourself, staying fit to fight and staying on the ball in whatever job you are told to do...

You cann't be posted to a combat zone doing a job you can't do....