No more South Africans in the British Army!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ssupersixfour, Aug 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If they elect to stay in the Army, will they gain British citizenship, as they will no longer be citizens of their own country?

2. Seems sensible to me. If someone from Peckham decides to serve with the Raggiestan Militia, I can't see why the brute should retain his British passport. Nothing different about the SA view.

3. Nope. It would be tantamount to granting them mercenary status while serving, would (potentially) open the door to all kinds of dramas down range, and frankly it just makes too much sense, which is probably the over-riding reason why it won't happen! :D

Just imagine - join the British Army and get automatic citizenship. That'd solve the recruiting problem...

5. I expect it is a response to all those third generation Proteas who come and join up, then find they haven't got any citizenship or nationality rights, despite serving in operations and being decorated/promoted et cetera. So much less media hassle for Tone and the gang if they don't have to fudge around a debt of gratitude to members of the commonwealth family...Canadians, Aussies and kiwis - stand by!

6. Why not, just have to sign up for 10 years etc

7. Congratulations!!!!

You've won today's prize for digging up the oldest thread you possibly can because you haven't figured out how to start a new thread.

6 years ago FFS.

8. And how many people get slapped down for not searching for an old thread that might have the answer, or some people that might have the answer? The search button is your friend? Not with CTD online, its not.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Oh yes, his research is going swimmingly. Every thread for the past x years is being spammed in his desperation.

10. Would it be better if he spammed the boards with new threads that he'd bump every time the disappear off the first page?

11. He seems to be doing just that with all the old threads he can find. If you're so keen for him to infest the boards why don't you go and find him a sefving saffa and shut him up?

12. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I popped out to get the dustbin and I came back to Arrse SAFFA. Are there any Brits out there?

13. Well at least there's only one thread about India running at the moment.

14. Off thread a bit, but can't we do this with Choudary after he goes to Pakistan?

Cheers
    Gadge