No more para afghan tours?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Robp85, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this right or just assumption based on pullout time?

2. Are you a para?

3. I think this is one of those 'Need to Know' things. You know, if you need to know about it, you will and if you don't, you don't.

4. Thatll make sense wasnt sure if these things were public and planned.
    And no im in appliation stage still lookin at other options while i have the time and not wanting to join up and miss out and be the virgin.

5. Maybees aye or maybees naw

Hope that helps

6. if you're worried about being a virgin there are easier ways of solving that than joining the parachute regiment.

leslie-nielsen-in-the-naked-gun12.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Correct me if I'm wrong but paras are part of the rapid reaction force so they have to be ready to deploy within 48 hours I think it is. So if I am correct they could be deployed even if not planned.

8. What an excellent reason to join the Para's or not (beats joining for the extra pay I supose). It maybe a good idea to pop into your AFCO and see if there is anyway you can join but not commiting to any regiment therefore leaving your options open for tours, you can settle down later if one takes your fancy.

9. Robp85, It doesn't matter if the Paras are going to Afghan again or not. If you join them, you'll lose your virginity. It's a right of passage.

10. Does that mean anyone with wings will not be allowed to deploy? :)

11. 16AA Bde aren't deploying back to theatre. SFSG will still be going until pull out time and 2 & 3 PARA could go any time whilst on spearhead but unlikely.

12. More like their right to your passage...

13. Only if he joins 3 Para and ends up in the Mortar Platoon?

14. 3PARA are now ABTF - focussing on 'conventional warfare' instead of our main effort.

only 2PARA can be in the mix now.

15. I think that's all there is to say on the matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.