No more para afghan tours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is one of those 'Need to Know' things. You know, if you need to know about it, you will and if you don't, you don't.

Thatll make sense wasnt sure if these things were public and planned.
And no im in appliation stage still lookin at other options while i have the time and not wanting to join up and miss out and be the virgin.

Thatll make sense wasnt sure if these things were public and planned.
And no im in appliation stage still lookin at other options while i have the time and not wanting to join up and miss out and be the virgin.
if you're worried about being a virgin there are easier ways of solving that than joining the parachute regiment.

leslie-nielsen-in-the-naked-gun12.jpg

"I haven't had this much sex since I was a boy scout leader!

Lt. Frank Drebin

Correct me if I'm wrong but paras are part of the rapid reaction force so they have to be ready to deploy within 48 hours I think it is. So if I am correct they could be deployed even if not planned.

Is this right or just assumption based on pullout time?
What an excellent reason to join the Para's or not (beats joining for the extra pay I supose). It maybe a good idea to pop into your AFCO and see if there is anyway you can join but not commiting to any regiment therefore leaving your options open for tours, you can settle down later if one takes your fancy.

Robp85, It doesn't matter if the Paras are going to Afghan again or not. If you join them, you'll lose your virginity. It's a right of passage.
Only if he joins 3 Para and ends up in the Mortar Platoon?

16AA Bde aren't deploying back to theatre. SFSG will still be going until pull out time and 2 & 3 PARA could go any time whilst on spearhead but unlikely.
3PARA are now ABTF - focussing on 'conventional warfare' instead of our main effort.

only 2PARA can be in the mix now.

Status
Not open for further replies.