No longer allowed to wear stable belts

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tank6275, Oct 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Our sqn has recieved information tht we're no longer to wear stable belts!

has anyone else heard this or could this just be a regimental decision. Also im TA if that makes any difference

2. It comes all the way from the Corp RSM. Stable belts will only be worn with the new barrack dress/FAD.

3. fair enough, all we heard was no more stable belts, nothing else.
    and makes sense tbh

4. There was also another thread on this within the past couple of weeks.

5. I don't believe it is army wide (at least not yet) as was on OPTAG last week and there were plenty of people cutting about in stable belts from various arms and corps

6. Certainly applies to RLC. Search the RLC forum for discussion on this. It was decided by a meeting of the Corps dress committee a few weeks back and will be reflected in the updated corps instructions.

7. the roumours i heard was the drlc was ex RAOC and he dont like it also he cant ware his leathermans on his stable belt.... but to tbh who is going to tell of a brig..... the only thing that has annoyed me is i have just went out and bought a new one 3 weeks prior because my sgt maj decided it looked crap.

Plus the stable belt stoped us looking like we as waring a big pair of pajamas 2 work but oo well

its all a game...