No. Just No!

Maybe I'm being harsh, but fuckit. I object to receiving messages like this:

Oyibo,

we met many years ago Did we?
i was a lance jack under G** W****** pepper potting the approach to Goose Green back in the day
upon return i went to Depot para then 14int OFR
lost touch with him
could you let me know how he past away No
cheers
he was a one pip green as all hell when came to us back in the day
but for the most part he was a good listener Aint you fucking great
i save his ass down south when he was trapped in a mine field on the beach on the way to Darwin in the wee hours of the morning before the attack Fuck off
Peace
That's pretty much word-for-word (bar the redacted names and my comments alongside). What a cunt.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet*

You don't understand it? Well, neither do I grasp the meaning of your post!

Put it into some context, dear chap: was it a spurious email someone sent you? A new slant on a 419 scam? Or you've just free-based some Racasan?

*a cod-Latin phrase used as a space-filler by type setters since the 15th Century

What do we win if we de-code your post?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet*

You don't understand it? Well, neither do I grasp the meaning of your post!

Put it into some context, dear chap: was it a spurious email someone sent you? A new slant on a 419 scam? Or you've just free-based some Racasan?

*a cod-Latin phrase used as a space-filler by type setters since the 15th Century
Apologies - should have contectualised it. I received a 'private message' on Facebook asking me to be a 'friend' with the message above.

I strongly objected to it because it was implying I was a friend of the sender, and he implied that a friend of mine who was at Goose Green (unlike me) had, in some way, been helped by him.

14 Int. No.

Back to Depot after the Falklands. No.

But most of all, the claim that 'i save his ass down south...' really pisses me off. I should add that the name he gave is someone who was there as a platoon commander, but I'm damned if some random bloke on Facebook is going to add me as a contact because he's heard a name.

It's all greek to me.....

14, did he expand on that, at all?

14, did he expand on that, at all?
Of course not! But if you've been there you know not to ask about '14'. (Can't find an ironic smiley.)

But then he asked how a friend 'past' away' - that friend is alive and kicking. The guy's post was a trawl on Facebook to find people to be 'friends' and I object to it because the guy implied that he helped someone I know who was actually in the Falklands and then some.

(Curse this French wine.)

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
What do we win if we de-code your post?
Wounds my heart with a monotonous languor

Jean has a big moustache

Oyibo, you are a 'orrible cunt and I hope your pubes are infected with the fleas of a thousand camels.

Never damn French wine again you cad ;)

Has she not heard of Electrolysis?
Pfft. Don a silly, cow-pat beret and hoy a string of onions over one shoulder and resist the urge to surrender.

Now, say 'Jean'.

See? Easy when you know how.

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course not! But if you've been there you know not to ask about '14'. (Can't find an ironic smiley.)

But then he asked how a friend 'past' away' - that friend is alive and kicking. The guy's post was a trawl on Facebook to find people to be 'friends' and I object to it because the guy implied that he helped someone I know who was actually in the Falklands and then some.

(Curse this French wine.)

A certain newly ex PF chappy we both know had the same sort of request , recently fecking strange people about.

A certain newly ex PF chappy we both know had the same sort of request , recently fecking strange people about.
Cheers PRT. Thank god it's not just me with a conspiracy complex. :/

Latest Threads