No internal inquiry into blasts

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Jul 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Beeb:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4690459.stm

The idiotic fat cnut unelected crony Falconer (the man who gave us the Dome and the botched constitutional reforms) says that there is no inquiry into why the bombers were not picked up. There will be a raft of new laws (the standard reponse of this shower of sh!t) that will be unenforcable.

So, even if mistakes were made, these will not be redressed. The UK will be waiting under the same set of circumstances for the next attack whilst fat t0ssp0tt ministers are chauffered around London in their armoured limousines.

2. FFS, give it a rest. I'm not a big fan of this goverment either, but I saw fatty Falconer on the telly this morning and he said now was not the time for any sort of enquiry. He didn't say there would never be one. and in that respect he's just about right.

There are ongoing ops, so just let them get on with it, it's bad enough with the Meeja needing fresh meat on this story circling overhead.

You might not realise it, but people like you are unwittingly giving succour to the fellow travellers of The Guardian and Independent.

V!

3. With Veg on this one. Hindsight is an excellent investigative tool but it won't help anyone if half of MI5 and SB are too busy worrying about their own jobs to get on with this one.

Time for lessons learnt later, and if anyone has made a real howler rather than a bad call it can be dealt with then.

Chances are an MI5 officer came back from annual leave on monday to find a post it note saying 'call ahmed. urgent!!' on his computer.

Trotsky

4. I agree that now is not the time as long as the issue is not quietly brushed under the carpet to spare embarrassment. Suspicion is understandable, when it is this shower in charge that we are dealing with.

5. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Of course now is not the right time for an inquiry - these things take time to set up properly. The spin doctors have to decide when it will be most politically expedient, Bliar and the gang have to decide the outcome, and Falconer has to find a 'suitable' judge.

Seriously, if there is to be an inquiry I would rather it was into the shambles that has led to so many untraceable illegal immigrants, the asylum fiasco and the way in which the police have been hogtied by PC policies which are more about making the government look good to their voters than fighting crime.

6. The problem with having an enquiry "at the right time" means usaually at the time the government judge it as good for them, i.e. when something else is so hot everyone, news/media are running with it, then they will ahem.. "bury" the enquiry so as not to draw fire on themsleves.. talk about paranoia!! - and fcukin' spineless, and arrsewipes, and knobheads, and - jeez, there are so amy of them with faces you want to tw@t!!!....

(erm... rant off :oops:)

7. Sorry VB - said much the same as you really - didn't read through yours properly...oh well... back to the beer!!!

8. What the hell use would a huge public enquiry be?

We can all think of times in the last few years when the ball got dropped and everyone involved made a lot of effort to identify how/where it got dropped and what to do differently in the future.

It's a non-winner, frankly - we can't hope to stop 100% of this. Remember how hard it was with the 'Ra, who were mostly known and whom we'd been looking at for 30-odd years, a fair amount got in under the radar there, didn't it?

Now add in an even harder community to penetrate, stuffed with clean skins and linguistically amazingly diverse.

Good drills from Box 500 and MPSB to date, to my mind. Bad luck on this one, a tragedy and an atrocity, but, just like it wasn't the cops who killed Steven Laurence (spelling?), it wasn't the Security Service or the Met who did the bombing.