No Human Rights for Soldiers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Legs, Jun 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I would assume that human rights laws would make it illegal for an employer to order an employee to commit suicide. As that's precisely what is sometimes required by the military, it would seem impractical for them to apply.

Then again, my assumptions may be way off!

2. This obviously applies for all public sector workers because I'd hate to think that we would be treated differently to any other type of public sector employee.

3. HHH

HHH LE

Could anyone that knows more about the law than me (that's everyone) answer this question for me please.
    Would this apply to all legal cases say, someone serving who e.g. is over robust in dealing with captured enemy, during an ongoing battle ? Or does he mean that the human rights of the soldier doesn't apply, but everybody else is covered ?

4. Front line troops are exempt HSE rules, ergo they have sidestepped human rights.

Mr Taliban, you will have to stop shooting at us, as it has just exceeded 40 degrees C, if you continue you will incurr a fine.