No Gays in Iran

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MrBenaud, Sep 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IRANIAN President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad skirted a question about the treatment of homosexuals in Iran, saying in a speech at a top US university that there were no gays in Iran.

So there...........
  2. Oh yeah, sure. I believe that one then...
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

It's true! From what I can tell, they've all moved to Iraq, which seems to have a very large proportional of gays. Odd that, considering that homosexuality is a Capital Offence in Iraq as well, and men have been hung there for it quite recently.

No 'well hung' jokes, please :)
  4. I can believe it. No self-respecting gay would have let our Navy lads leave in suits like those.
  5. It is a capital offence in Iran. It has one of the most repressive regimes in the world, with torture and executions commonplace.
    ( Justice Iranian style for two 'gays').

Attached Files:

6. I believe Michael Hutchence used a similar technique to that.

Obligatory caption competition entry "So, do you come here often?"
  7. "Hi, is this the swingers' party?"
  8. "oooh look, you can see my house from up here!"

I'll get my coat....
  9. "Does this rope go with my belt"????
  10. Early Iranian attempts at bungy jumping went horribly wrong...
  11. "I've been mercilessly tortured by religious bigots! It's a good job they didn't find out I was gay too..."
  12. They're deffinately gay, look at thier trousers, rolled at the bottom like a couple of girls...
  13. I'm just glad that there are no puffs in Australia.......the lesbians ate them all.
  14. As usual the chattering classes miss the point.

When Mr Iamadinnerjacket said "We have no gays in Iran" he was being literally truthful.

They may have any number of homosexuals but if you want to be gay then you will find yourself dead in very short order.

So no gays in Iran is true.

People are always misquoting this bloke and it seems deliberately mistranslating/misunderstanding what he actually said, very dangerous thing to do IMO.
  15. Wrong you see - the picture quite clearly shows where the Iranian gays hang out.