No Gays in Iran

IRANIAN President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad skirted a question about the treatment of homosexuals in Iran, saying in a speech at a top US university that there were no gays in Iran.

So there...........

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
It's true! From what I can tell, they've all moved to Iraq, which seems to have a very large proportional of gays. Odd that, considering that homosexuality is a Capital Offence in Iraq as well, and men have been hung there for it quite recently.

No 'well hung' jokes, please :)

I can believe it. No self-respecting gay would have let our Navy lads leave in suits like those.

I believe Michael Hutchence used a similar technique to that.

Obligatory caption competition entry "So, do you come here often?"

"oooh look, you can see my house from up here!"

I'll get my coat....

"Does this rope go with my belt"????

"I've been mercilessly tortured by religious bigots! It's a good job they didn't find out I was gay too..."

They're deffinately gay, look at thier trousers, rolled at the bottom like a couple of girls...

As usual the chattering classes miss the point.

When Mr Iamadinnerjacket said "We have no gays in Iran" he was being literally truthful.

They may have any number of homosexuals but if you want to be gay then you will find yourself dead in very short order.

So no gays in Iran is true.

People are always misquoting this bloke and it seems deliberately mistranslating/misunderstanding what he actually said, very dangerous thing to do IMO.

Steven said:
As usual the chattering classes miss the point.

When Mr Iamadinnerjacket said "We have no gays in Iran" he was being literally truthful.

They may have any number of homosexuals but if you want to be gay then you will find yourself dead in very short order.

So no gays in Iran is true.

People are always misquoting this bloke and it seems deliberately mistranslating/misunderstanding what he actually said, very dangerous thing to do IMO.
Maybe he was mistranslated.Maybe he said "We have no guys in Iran" He is obviously trying to lull George Dubya into a false sense of security by claiming his country is only populated by women.

I thought you said you like M&Ms not S&M

The entire ME is a hotbed of bum-banditry. People can tell me till they're blue in the face, that just because the men like to hold hands, doesn't mean that they're intimately familiar with each others prostates. Yeh right!

Stop it you bufties, Allah hates mincers!

None? Uh-huh. And as for the hangings, to quote someone else:

"I can't find a better way to measure how gay a society is than to see or measure how much deterrent their own leaders feel they need to prevent gay sex from breaking out on the capital steps."