No forces railcard for TA

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Dec 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

Anyone else thing this is somewhat remiss of the powers that be?

2. one army "concept"

end of sound bite going back to the real world
  3. Gawd moderated !!! Did it get nasty? or are we not allowed to mention perks/benefits of being in reg/TA?
  4. msr

msr LE

I'm back from my course ;)

5. You might be interested to know that the blockage on this and pension issues is NOT with the regular army but with our very own senior officer who does not see any value in the pension and thinks the railcard is just unworkable/unaffordable. The latter is a bit of a nonsense given that the regular army are now paying for it.
  6. msr

msr LE

Better get onto armynet and join the request in the 'Talk to CGS' forum then.

7. You can't even get one on an "S" type - even though you are officially a Reg for the duration!
  8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

No Indulgence either, no pension One Army!
  9. I go to a meeting, come back and weve been scrubbed!! oh well!
  10. msr

msr LE

Regulars, don't bait the TA; we've all heard it and it's boring
  11. We do.
  12. Quite right too, why should you get the same perks as the regs?
    The majority of railcard use is for travelling home on leave, whereas the TA would be using it for non forces related travel.
    The regs already have to pay for the card, by giving it to the TA aswell, may just overstretch the budget and result in the loss of the card altogether
  13. I think that I started one of my deleted posts with words along those lines.
  14. And even worse is not having an MoD90!

You can get 50% off pizzas (collection only) in Dominos when you show your MoD 90.

And to think that here in Northern Ireland we cant get any MoD discount due to security.

Bollo<ks :roll:
  15. 50%????? really? wow, didnt know that, i think you can get 20% off in Burger King.