No forces railcard for TA

Anyone else thing this is somewhat remiss of the powers that be?

msr

I'm back from my course ;)

msr

msr said:
Anyone else thing this is somewhat remiss of the powers that be?

msr
You might be interested to know that the blockage on this and pension issues is NOT with the regular army but with our very own senior officer who does not see any value in the pension and thinks the railcard is just unworkable/unaffordable. The latter is a bit of a nonsense given that the regular army are now paying for it.

Better get onto armynet and join the request in the 'Talk to CGS' forum then.

msr

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No Indulgence either, no pension One Army!

gingwarr said:
Where the hell did mine and Filbert Fox's posts go?
I go to a meeting, come back and weve been scrubbed!! oh well!

Regulars, don't bait the TA; we've all heard it and it's boring

Quite right too, why should you get the same perks as the regs?
The majority of railcard use is for travelling home on leave, whereas the TA would be using it for non forces related travel.
The regs already have to pay for the card, by giving it to the TA aswell, may just overstretch the budget and result in the loss of the card altogether

I think that I started one of my deleted posts with words along those lines.

And even worse is not having an MoD90!

You can get 50% off pizzas (collection only) in Dominos when you show your MoD 90.

And to think that here in Northern Ireland we cant get any MoD discount due to security.

Bollo<ks :roll:

50%????? really? wow, didnt know that, i think you can get 20% off in Burger King.

Filbert Fox said:
50%????? really? wow, didnt know that, i think you can get 20% off in Burger King.
only in moto service stations

also 10 % off in subway

vandyke said:
One Army?

vandyke said:
The majority of railcard use is for travelling home on leave, whereas the TA would be using it for non forces related travel.
But you did just call it a perk...

vandyke said:
The regs already have to pay for the card, by giving it to the TA aswell, may just overstretch the budget and result in the loss of the card altogether
I suspect the recent announcements of astronomical rises in the price of the forces railcard are the "make it unpopular" part of the plan to phase it out completely.

Although looking in from the outside it seems certain Battalions aren't keen on issuing the rail warrents (or indeed flights) that troops have an entitlement to...

vandyke said:
Excuse me, but if I remember correctly travelling home on leave is an entitlement to a rail warrant (upto 6? times a year).

about 15 years ago it was!! jeeeeesus, what year are you living in?

Part_Timer said:
I suspect the recent announcements of astronomical rises in the price of the forces railcard are the "make it unpopular" part of the plan to phase it out completely.
From £2.50 to £10. Hardly astronomical.

msr

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chemystery Army Reserve 9
Major_Sharpe Army Reserve 29
P Army Pay, Claims & JPA 22