No Forces Aerogrammes Available

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by maninblack, Apr 7, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

Isn't it nice to know that when your family and friends are away in the Gulf you have to buy stationary to write to them because post offices in major military areas such as Portsmouth do not have any forces aerogrammes and cannot even estimate when they will get them.

So, firstly you have to buy your own kit and then you have to pay to communicate.

It shows how well we are all valued by HM Gov.
  2. Anyone with a computer can send an e-bluey - this sends effectively an email to a local server in theatre where it prinits it out on a bluey like piece of paper and then delivered by the Postal and Courier unit.  

In fact, much quicker than getting a bluey from the post office and sending it snail mail.

Link is:
  3. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Yup must agree the e-bluey is a quality system and the letters get there a hell of a lot quicker.
  4. maninblack

Yup, but that is not my point, a hand written letter is always nice to receive and whilst you and I are computer geeks of various degrees of competence many parents and grandparents are not.
  5. msr

msr LE

You would have to OCR it, as you cannot send graphics yet.

6. While i do agree that the e bluey is the better medium, I think the point has been missed here.  Why cant someone walk into a major post office and get a handfull of blueys?  Even the smallest of post offices should hold a small stock.  
  7. Need a balaclava for that one Pile  ;D
  8. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

ok agree with you there as not everyone has a pc
  9. maninblack

Thanks to those who helped join in spreading the bad news about this including listmembers, the press and Mike Hancock MP. By yesterday afternoon the "powers" had managed to get a new supply delivered to the local post offices.

A little bit of people power.