"No evidence" that hangover cures work

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by crabtastic, Dec 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. '............With the festive season in full flow, researchers reveal what many may have suspected - hangover cures do not work. .............'
    Feck.

I'm scheduled to be TDY at the nearest JD's in about an hour so that we can begin the process of buying the thickest head in the county.
    My world is undone. It is official - there IS no relief.

2. but the research must go on !.

3. My dedication is total as my cause is just!
    Festive wassnames to you all!
    GOM, out.

4. Avoid hangovers - stay pi$$ed.

Merry Crimble to all, and a Guid New Year :!:

5. To avoid hangover you should train your body. Tiny doses (even 50-100ml. of vodka) would be a good training for you organism.

How much vodka you can drink without interruption? After few days of training you no doubt will be able to drink 300ml at once. Really it is not a difficult task. Also, during training try to drink slowly as you drink water.

It is very important to break psychological barrier. Abilities of you body are almost unbounded. Why sportsmen easily can do things unthinkable to others? Because of training.

As to hangover itself then I suffered from it last time long, long ago. However I recommend next morning 30-50ml of good vodka with hot collation. Solted cabbage and especially its pickle is a wounderful measure too.

I don't recommend you drink 1L (or more) of vodka. It is too much, it could cause a hangover. Don't drink anything suspicious and good luck.

6. But the guy who posted this "research" is prolly a geeky scientist who never goes out the on the pop, so how would he know? Best cure?

A pint of water at least before bed followed by a decent breakfast and a sugary brew.

This is to be used where 12-16 hours sleep is not possible.

Bauer (resident alcoholic)

7. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Nice to see that where most people would say that conditioning your body to handle vodka a litre at a time is Best-style alcoholism, our russian comrades simply palm it off as training 8O :D

8. A hangover might not cure work, but when I have a hangover it certainly cures any desire to work that I might have . . .

9. i find that a good fry up works wonders.

10. Drink more alcohol when you wake up. This way, how can you get hung over when you are constantly pissed?

11. I find mooching about the house in my underwear complaining to everyone who comes near me tends to work. Follow this with a good couple of hours lying on the sofa the stop being a girl about 6 PM and go down the local. Insert a bacon butty at any point during the day as required.

Although i'm wondering how much money has been put into this research and how do i get myself on the trials team????

12. find mooching about the house in my underwear complaining to everyone who comes near me tends to work. Follow this with a good couple of hours lying on the sofa the stop being a girl about 6 PM and go down the local. Insert a bacon butty at any point during the day as required.

Thebull

Shurely yoo meen 11am?!?!

13. Feck off i dont get out of bed till 2

14. I usually find that anyone sober enough to drink a pint of water before bed
    is generally not pissed enough to require a hangover cure anyway.