No Dyslexics in the TA, it seems, so no need to worry about them.

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Bravo_Bravo, Jul 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Talking to a VERY highly qualified trainer recently, I learned that some Senior Officer denies ( and who are we to argue?) that there are any dyslexics in the TA. Naturally, this has a fortunate side effect in that there is no need to accomodate them in eg. basic training.

This would seem slightly odd to me as we recruit from the same gene pool...

But IF there was ever to be a dyslexic, how should they be supported during training and their later TA careers?
  2. Send them on a BATCO cadre.
  3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You should contact the National Dyslexics Association, they have some great guidance on their website about this sort of thing.

www . DNA . com
  4. The Army, TA and Regular, has always supported dyslexia and illiteracy. Have you ever seen a form without a big scrawled cross at the positions where a signature is required.
  5. Dyslexics of the world UNTIE
  6. my experience is that once a dyslexic is identified a reader is provided for tests etc and coughs or hurrumphs if the student is about to select the wrong answer
  7. Well, if they're not allowed to be dyslexic, then they'll need to come up with another excuse for the mong spelling and the non-existent grammar!
  8. fully paid up member of D.N.A

and I resemable that remark
    just look at my posts :)
    who needs to read or write any way thats for inteligent people that go to uni
  9. My sister was dyslexic. My mother joined DMA. (Mothers Against Dyslexia)
  10. My brother was dyslexic too. And an atheist. Turned out he was an insomniac too. Laid in bed all night wondering if there really was a Dog.
  11. My dad wasn't much better. He went to a fancydress party as a Roman. He went in a goat.
  12. I once tried to sell my soul to santa :D
  13. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

dyslexic bloke walks into a bra...
  14. Dyslexics shouldnt be in the AT. (see what I did there)

They should all **** off back to Dyslexia.
  15. Put the gnu down son, you're not the only dyslexic in the Regiment...