No Duty on District Council to Report Crime or Suspicion or Knowledge of Crime ?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BounceBanana, Jul 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I will be retiring fully this Saturday. The model of reality that has seen me through to date has been challenged by the latest missive from the council solicitor.

The history includes a Planning Officer hearing machine gun fire from a 25 yard .22 rifle range. He does not report this to Police. When a Standards Complaint was made against the Planning Officer and a councillor the Standards Process decided the Code of Conduct did not have jurisdiction over the cllr's conduct complained of. Meanwhile the officer appears to have enjoyed a severance and early retirement package.

It later emerged that the Standards Process had sat whilst an evidence file about the range was concealed from the knowledge of the cllrs on the Cttee and thus also from Full Council who endorsed the Standards recommendation.

The 1998 Crime and Disorder Act places duties on councils to consider crime prevention in all their duties. Including Standards procedures.

So where are the machine guns now that the Planning Officer heard ?

Did the Planning Officer in the severance and early pension arrangement commit an offence of concealing crime Criminal Justice Act 1967.

The council solicitor says even if crime was committed the council has no duty imposed on it to make a crime complaint to police.

So I wrote, a bit intrigued, asking about Terrorism Act 2000 and Proceeds of Crime Act and Crime and Disorder Act The council solicitor is now refusing to answer.

So I wrote to MI5. From what I can gather they too assumed councils would always report crime like use of machine guns.

2. I think i will have cheese for lunch today. From a supermarket not in Kent. Thank god.

3. Burwash Rose won last years Cheese prize. Sussex, so close to Kent.

4. I wish that the machine gun fire alluded to in BB's second paragraph had struck him squarely in the chest.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I read the title of this thread and said to myself

"now who might be the author of such an enlightening, informative and indeed important missive?"

and I was not wrong for it is indeed BB.

• Like Like x 2

6. not just any BB, this is a Kent Police hating BB.

(Sponsored by the Emperor himself)

• Like Like x 1
  7. I hope they give you a retirement banana.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

My bold.

Obviously my dictionary has a different definition of reality to yours.

Still, look on the bright side, you will have more time to devote to the misdeeds of Kent Police.

Wordsmith

• Like Like x 1
  9. So all these threads were over what someone "heard", u sure the range wasnt next to an open window, where someone was watching the film Heat ?

10. Cheese a food of many variations, and one I particularly enjoy.

11. I should report all the gunfire and screaming I hear from next door. That'll teach them to play a PS3 attached to a telly bigger than my car. (I'm just jealous as I can't afford them)

• Like Like x 1
  12. BB regularly wastes oxygen - that must be a crime somewhere, surely?

13. So after a couple of sane sensible posts the other night normal service is resumed

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kent Police, aren't they the best of all the police forces?

15. Castello; the cheese of champions & assuredly not made in Kent.