No. Dont laugh. Its serious.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldRedCap, Mar 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I t all depends I suppose...

Was he having a little smirk and a giggle, or are we talking a rib tickler?

Either way, driving and talking on a phone (hands free or not)... what a cnut. Should have just been beaten to death on the roadside.

2. Well, that finally does it. If I ever see a police person in trouble, I'll just laugh and walk away. Utter, utter scumbags; what with the constant "arresting" of the decent people and the protection of the "yuman rights" of the dregs that decent people were trying to arrest, that's it.

I never thought I would see the day that I would support the violent chavs against the police.

3. What a tosser.

See my previous posts on my personal view of Britain's finest.

The item refers to the "Mersey Tunnel Police".

An outstanding organisation of MGS and PCSO failures.

Nowt but f*cking towtruck drivers.

Did I ever tell you about the Met plod who shagged my girlfriend........

4. I seem to recall the UK police were well respected in the world. With all these laurel and hardy - esq stories, it is had to take them seriously at all.

Then I remember that this is a totalitarian state and the Labour party social policy enforcement are trying to enforce conformity to the letter of the rules.

5. Have you heard yourself?

6. Yes. You are entitled, fully, to your opinion; others may also disagree with me, and I understand their (and your) views. But these stories appear time and time and time again. I ask you what YOU would do if you were wearing their uniform; would you, really, have done that?

I have to assume, after so many incidents of this type, that it is a deliberate policy to cause chaos, by the higher echelons of the police (if not the idiots who actually drag drivers to the roadside. If not, why are they doing this? I am genuinely asking, and not being ironic.

There is no point in supporting the police any more. I wouldn't expect the police to arrive in time if I needed help anyway, so where is the benefit to me in supporting a police force so unwilling to support the good people in our society.

7. This dates from 2006.I am sure that it in no way it still goes on.

2006-09-27
    ABD Condemns Tunnels Police
    The ABD has condemned Mersey Tunnels Police after a leaked document revealed they had been instructed to increase the number of fines issued to drivers simply because the quantity of fines issued has fallen recently.
    ABD Spokesman Tony Vickers told the Daily Post:
    “This is a very depressing insight into the organisation. There is deep-seated concern among the public that fixed penalty notices are a revenue-raising stream. This is the kind of action that convinces drivers that is the case. It looks like they are doing it to justify their jobs. It used to be the case that officers only targeted dangerous and reckless drivers but the only way they can increase the amount of fines they issue is by going after drivers for very minor infringements. The purpose of law enforcement is to get people to comply with the rules. If nothing else has changed then the drop in numbers would suggest that they have achieved that goal. The drop in figures means officers are either being very effective in their jobs or very ineffective. Either way, more fines is not the way to deal with it.”
    Mersey Tunnel Police is a division of Merseytravel, a government passenger transport quango whose priority is promoting public transport. Feel free to form your own conclusions.

8. Tis' an ancient yarn to be sure, some say written on parchment, others on cave walls.

It's not as if Mersy Tunnel Police have anything else to do all day, or are even a police force as I understand the term to be.

9. Hmmmm. Got stopped by them a eight-thirty a.m. He said he thought I might have been drinking. Not enough to do, ossifer?

BTW, be careful in the Mersey tunnels. They have VASCAR speed marks painted on the roadway. I suppose that may be justified; I used to get up to about eighty-five mph at night when the tunnels were empty...

10. But did the policeman, really, do what is claimed? The motorist claimed he said "Laughing while driving a car can be an offence." Is it likely that a police officer actually said this? The police response to the alleged incident was "There is no record of the incident in the system so it seems the gentleman was just spoken to by the officer and the matter not taken any further." So: no arrest, no fixed penalty notice, no nothing. No evidence that the incident even happened in the first place.

It is interesting how many people will run to the press with all sorts of stories about mistreatment, but won't make a complaint to the police. The quality of evidence required perhaps? (Why the Police Oracle reproduced this story I have no idea.)

You are working with a flawed assumption, which is that the media reports the truth.

How will you 'withdraw' your support? Refuse to pay the element of your council tax which goes to the police?

11. If anyone honestly beleives this driver was stopped for laughing.....well, your having a laugh!

12. He was late for an appointment - seemed like a good excuse at the time!

14. Ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, -------- God knows what he would have got for crying ! ----- Yet another conformation that this country is well and truly funked up. ----- I would like to meet the coconut who booked him. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: