No Discount @ Currys,Comet or PC World!

Discussion in 'Forces Discounts' started by Ralf, May 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Went to treat Mrs Ralf to a laptop and not one of the above do Forces discount. A bloody poor show considering the side of these big companies. Shall take my £500 plus elsewhere that supports HM Forces.

Currys,Comet and PC World named and shamed!
  2. If I was you, I'd be thankful that those 3 didnt want your money.
  3. Good luck trying to find some where!
  4. As much as I appreciate the concept of a Forces Discount, it seems a bit OTT to expect one.
  5. I've got discount at pc world by asking politely. Getting extras chucked in free is easier. Try they might have something cheaper.
  6. Not really relevant to miserly companies not offering military discounts but just in case you weren't aware, a quick search for promotion codes on google can lead to good discounts. I bought my laptop from Dell and used a promotion code I found on the net and got a good few hundred off. Well worth trying. :)
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Although if it guided the OP away from PC World then so much the better. After they f*cked me about from pillar to post, I wish someone had warned me just how appalling they are. This was after the saga of the twice debited account (Uberware) and before I eventually landed on the excellence that are Novatech.
  8. Most definitely.
  9. How very dare they not give us discounts? Don't they know we are all heroes?

On a sensible note, Novatech are excellent, check them out online or call into one of their shops where (unlike PC world) you'll be served by someone who knows what they are talking about and can be bothered to check stock levels. - only thing against them, they don't post to BFPO addresses.
  10. Yep, Novatech are excellent. Just round the corner from me, the laptop I'm typing from was bought from them.
  11. Named and shames? For what? On no, private companies didnt want to lose money, outrageous.
    Is there any reason they should be expected to give you a discount?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. How very dare they? Don't they know we are all heroes?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Why should they give HM Forces a discount? They don't have to.
  14. T'wasn't a complaint, just an observation.

I forgot to add that their live chat thing is quite good, and their own brand items are good quality and cheap!
  15. I'd recommend or - no idea about a forces discount. Both do pretty neat today only, or this week only offers