No deal or Johnson deal?

No Deal or Johnson deal?

• No Deal

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • Johnson deal

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because I'm sure that the policy of delay being followed is aimed at preventing leaving actually happening and that uncertainty is causing as much, if not more, damage than an unsatisfactory leave. I'm pretty certain that some people think if they can fudge the issue and keep it going long enough at some point they can either get another referendum or GE to change the decision.
Nail on head. What some remainers haven't realised is the implication should the referendum result be overturned. Our, 17.4 million, votes will have been ignored, in the biggest democratic turn out in this country. If they, remainers in hoc, get away with this democracy in this country is dead. It's that simple. They will have been given the green light to totally ignore us, and that will includes remainers in any future vote, should it suit them.

Other remainers however have realised this, and I'm hoping we show more balls than Eire did, when it too didn't vote the "right" way.

Nail on head. What some remainers haven't realised is the implication should the referendum result be overturned. Our, 17.4 million, votes will have been ignored, in the biggest democratic turn out in this country. If they, remainers in hoc, get away with this democracy in this country is dead. It's that simple. They will have been given the green light to totally ignore us, and that will includes remainers in any future vote, should it suit them.

Other remainers however have realised this, and I'm hoping we show more balls than Eire did, when it too didn't vote the "right" way.
Well, GE coming up so we'll have to see. Tricky for me, not sure I can trust my local Tory, whoever they are going to be to deliver.

Well, GE coming up so we'll have to see. Tricky for me, not sure I can trust my local Tory, whoever they are going to be to deliver.
I don't have any problem which way I'll vote. Brexit party for me. Boris has been accused of trying to bully the hoc. They, all remainers in the hoc, some past their sell by date ex pm's, luvvies and Uncle Tom Cobley an' all, have been doing the same for the last 3+ years now. Trying to bully the majority who voted to leave in 2016, by delaying tactics. The tories have failed ever since the boy, apologies to good boys everywhere, the boy david did a runner. Followed by tm, followed by a GE, THEN boris starts talking tough! Just three and a half years too bloody late! They've had more than enough time to sort it, if the will was there. In my opinion it isn't, therefore Brexit it is.

Now let's say there's another referendum, and it goes the other way, remain wins. Do they really think the 17.4 million, who are still waiting for their vote to be carried out will accept that? Or even if a party who wants to revoke/cancel Brexit gets into power in a GE. This is where I'm concerned about the democratic process not having been implemented. The hoc should have accepted the result of 2016 then, and started negotiations straight away.

Any party or individual who advocates to cancel Brexit, in whatever guise they dress it up as, do not believe in democracy. They think they are, but they're deluding only themselves.

Out of interest, why do you consider speed of leaving as the most important factor? Do you consider that as a priority over making sure the negative impacts of leaving are minimised / benefits maximised?
£1.7B / month.

I don't have any problem which way I'll vote. Brexit party for me.
I'm not convinced they will stand in every seat, although I'd say mine would be a prime target as they were only a few % behind the Lib-Dems in the Euros with Lab/Tory nowhere and the Tory who should win will a completely unknown quantity. There are definitely places where the sitting MP has consistently voted for leave options that it might be counter productive to split the leave vote.

I'm not convinced they will stand in every seat, although I'd say mine would be a prime target as they were only a few % behind the Lib-Dems in the Euros with Lab/Tory nowhere and the Tory who should win will a completely unknown quantity. There are definitely places where the sitting MP has consistently voted for leave options that it might be counter productive to split the leave vote.
My MP, tory seems a fair enough bloke, not his fault the party hasn't delivered. However, as we all know, they've had three and a bit years now. During that time they've done nothing other than talk the talk, without coming anywhere near walking the walk. They can do wan.

My MP, Tory seems a fair enough bloke, not his fault the party hasn't delivered. However, as we all know, they've had three and a bit years now. During that time they've done nothing other than talk the talk, without coming anywhere near walking the walk. They can do wan.
The current PM has tried to get us out, despite knowing he had people in the party who would do anything to ensure we stayed in. I don't see how anyone could have done more and as TM showed it was very easy to do less. If your Tory MP is has consistently voted in a way that would have got us out my view is you should be supporting him as you're unlikely to get anyone who will be more effective. If you vote Brexit Party/UKIP you risk splitting the leave vote and letting a remainer, probably the Lib-Dem in.

You also have to acknowledge that politics goes on after Brexit is resolved and who knows what a Brexit MP will stand for after that. UKIP quite quickly became the nearest thing to a bunch of fascists we've had in this country since Mosely packed in.

I wish I were in your position. It's been confirmed Ken Clarke is gone so now I have to work out where my new candidate really stands. Based on the European election the constituency is pretty evenly split leave/remain so they are either going to have to be very clear on the matter and take a chance the L-Ds will get in, or they will try and gauge their audience at each event and say what they thinks will get them votes.

The current PM has tried to get us out, despite knowing he had people in the party who would do anything to ensure we stayed in. I don't see how anyone could have done more and as TM showed it was very easy to do less. If your Tory MP is has consistently voted in a way that would have got us out my view is you should be supporting him as you're unlikely to get anyone who will be more effective. If you vote Brexit Party/UKIP you risk splitting the leave vote and letting a remainer, probably the Lib-Dem in.

You also have to acknowledge that politics goes on after Brexit is resolved and who knows what a Brexit MP will stand for after that. UKIP quite quickly became the nearest thing to a bunch of fascists we've had in this country since Mosely packed in.

I wish I were in your position. It's been confirmed Ken Clarke is gone so now I have to work out where my new candidate really stands. Based on the European election the constituency is pretty evenly split leave/remain so they are either going to have to be very clear on the matter and take a chance the L-Ds will get in, or they will try and gauge their audience at each event and say what they thinks will get them votes.
Oh I'll vote tory, if there's no Brexit candidate. He's enough of a majority, 10,000 +, to be safe. All my vote, if Brexit available, will do is to remind the two faced bars tards that some of us will never forget, EVER!!

Some of the remain mps are blaming Brexit for the state the country is in. No. It's all of YOU who are to blame. If YOU had delivered the result of 2016 instead of throwing one of the most prolonged tantrums of all time, we wouldn't be in this mess. YOU abdicated responsibility if we should stay or leave in 2015, when YOU voted in favour of the referendum. YOU are the ones who are STILL trying to overturn the result in the largest turnout at a democratic(!!?) vote in this country. YOU are unhappy at being called names like traitor or Quisling, or being threatened. Guess what, that's because YOU are ignoring the 2016 result! A tip. Grow a pair of balls and get us out. We're now in the ludicrous situation where the EU, which we voted to leave in 2016, are DICTATING to us when we can do so!

And chill.

Latest Threads