No cpls mess

#1
What is it with **** signals regt's not lettin lance jacks in the mess, ok it saves you a stinking mess bill, but thats not the point i wanna be able to slope off on mess meetings and get p1ssed in work time. :twisted:

CO blames tech's but REME Bn' with takes still let l/cpls in the bar must be a scaley thing.
 
#2
Lance Jacks aren't allowed in the Corporal's Mess? I think that's wrong....is this policy throughout the entire Corps?
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#3
Lance Jacks are automaically members of the Cpls Mess. They ahve as much right to be thier as full Cpls. Which unit is denying them access? Is this a purely scaley thing?

Your RSM should be doing something about this.
 
#4
Biscuits_AB said:
Lance Jacks are automaically members of the Cpls Mess. They ahve as much right to be thier as full Cpls. Which unit is denying them access? Is this a purely scaley thing?

Your RSM should be doing something about this.[/quote]

My view precisely...
 
#5
It doesnt seem to be a corps wide thing. At 21 sigs 2002 before the mess got dispanded for ops all Cpls and LCpls were in the mess. Where is it that only Cpls are allowed.
 
#7
The regt in question has a Cpl's Club not mess, the reason L/Cpl's aren't allowed is due to the ammount of kiddy tech L/Cpl's in the unit. Websters if you work harder, pass your courses, become a substansive L/Cpl, get recommended and promoted then you could come into the club. Don't know if the door will need widening though (for yor Massive Head), and you won't be able to bring the OC. (that's for the Tech Stmn Jibe) :p :cry:
 
#8
A LCpl is a LCpl irrespective of trade!
 
#9
wibblefishbanana said:
A LCpl is a LCpl irrespective of trade!
I disagree some tech LCpls are very immature because they are straight from training and have that rank as an incentive to stay in yet they have no command and control ability. This cant be a sweeping statement because some people are of course natural leaders and the intelligence techs require can help but in the same breath it tends to hinder common sense.

Perhaps the way to do it is have membership for all but those who act like Idiots are bared from the mess for lengthy periods of time!!

Dave
 
#10
Devilishdave said:
wibblefishbanana said:
A LCpl is a LCpl irrespective of trade!
I disagree some tech LCpls are very immature because they are straight from training and have that rank as an incentive to stay in yet they have no command and control ability. This cant be a sweeping statement because some people are of course natural leaders and the intelligence techs require can help but in the same breath it tends to hinder common sense.

Perhaps the way to do it is have membership for all but those who act like Idiots are bared from the mess for lengthy periods of time!!

Dave
I agree wholeheartedly. As an RLC chef I took four years to get my first, and am currently posted to an RMP unit, which caused a lot of ill feeling at first because their senior ranks treated me like a nig. Don't forget, not only do RMP get their first tape STRAIGHT FROM TRAINING, they only have to do a year or two more to get their second (A feat which took me eight years). With age comes maturity, but having said that they shouldn't be barred from any messes. Senior mess members should keep them in check, problem solved.
 
#11
In one of my RMP units, we had only one person who was not an NCO. He was a REME Craftsman. Upon his posting to us it was immediately proposed and carried in the Mess that he should be issued a standing invitation to use the Mess. The only difference was that he did not get to vote at mess meetings.

One of the things I was always told by the attached personnel REME and ACC was that, when told they were being posted to an RMP unit they were dreading it, but they found it great when they got there. Normal working hours, with no duties (except being on call at home for both the duty cook and duty mechanic), and being left alone to get on with their stuff by RMP and having none of their own breathing down their necks.

I can only remember two occasions when the cook was called in (once relating to a terrorism case and the other a murder). I cannot remember the mechanic ever being called in. If a vehicle went tits up, we just swopped it for another.

Of course that is just my experience
 
#12
Inf/MP said:
In one of my RMP units, we had only one person who was not an NCO. He was a REME Craftsman. Upon his posting to us it was immediately proposed and carried in the Mess that he should be issued a standing invitation to use the Mess. The only difference was that he did not get to vote at mess meetings.

One of the things I was always told by the attached personnel REME and ACC was that, when told they were being posted to an RMP unit they were dreading it, but they found it great when they got there. Normal working hours, with no duties (except being on call at home for both the duty cook and duty mechanic), and being left alone to get on with their stuff by RMP and having none of their own breathing down their necks.

I can only remember two occasions when the cook was called in (once relating to a terrorism case and the other a murder). I cannot remember the mechanic ever being called in. If a vehicle went tits up, we just swopped it for another.

Of course that is just my experience
The cook sounds like a right dodgy baastard.
 
#14
Funnily enough he had a Regimental Record as long as your arm - Good lad though and very popular alround.
 
#15
Are mess rules not regulated by QRs? How about banning newly qualified Sgts from the mess because they are too niggy? Totally fcuking absurd. When i was at Abingdon the LCpls were always excluded from the Cpls to Sgts mess games nights, yet when it was hosted in the Cpls mess they were all ordered to attend.
 
#17
Being part of a mess that has an active life would be good for the more imature LCPL. A bit of responsibility away from the privates/siggies and the reward of membership of a decent club will make men of them. And if it doesn't they can be seen to by the more senior mess members.
 
#18
primroseandblue said:
Being part of a mess that has an active life would be good for the more imature LCPL. A bit of responsibility away from the privates/siggies and the reward of membership of a decent club will make men of them. And if it doesn't they can be seen to by the more senior mess members.
Shame us older LCpls who have taken a few years to gain promotion have to sit on the outside still stagging on the gate.
 
#19
Have to confess this is the first time I have ever heard of LCpls not being members of a Cpls Mess. Sounds very strange to me. In my Inf Bn all LCpls were members. You wear the stripe - you are a member.
 
#20
websters said:
What is it with * signals regt's not lettin lance jacks in the mess, ok it saves you a stinking mess bill, but thats not the point i wanna be able to slope off on mess meetings and get p1ssed in work time. :twisted:

CO blames tech's but REME Bn' with takes still let l/cpls in the bar must be a scaley thing.
If you think that being a mess member is all about sloping of to drink during work time then maybe you aren't yet ready to enter a mess. With maturity you will understand that the privilege is there to differ yourself from the rank and file, A sort of stepping stone to the WO and Sgts mess.

But then again maybe the whole army has changed and become a firm of drunk layabouts. or is that just the signals.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads