No Confidence in The Rt Hon Des Browne MP

Confidence in The Rt Hon Des Browne MP

  • I agree with the motion and have no confidence in The Rt Hon Des Browne MP as Secretary of State for

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not agree with the motion and have confidence in The Rt Hon Des Browne MP as Secretary of State

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
#1
[align=center]The Motion Before you is:[/align]

"We have no confidence in the Rt Hon Des Browne MP as Secretary of State for Defence and consider his continuance as such to be detrimental to the morale of the Armed Forces."


Edited because I don't know the difference between moral and morale.....
 
#2
Morale surely?

msr
 
#4
I have voted yes although, as bad as he is, he is no worse than any of the other Labour shower we have had in that office.

The defence problem lies in the fact that we are over-used by a government that is made up of former communists, shop-stewards and members of CND.

They are satisfied for us to be used to keep them out of touble but will never spend a penny and any management issues are dealt with as if there is not a union member amongst them; they hang people out to dry in contrast to the nonsense they used to cause when on strike...
 
#5
I'm trying to work out on what grounds people have been able to vote against the motion.

Anyone who did vote against willing to put their head above the parapit and explain themselves? I promise not to pour scorn on you (this is current affairs after all). All I need is an understanding of the arguments for your position, one I can't even identify with. :?

Whilst I agree with Hellfyyr that he is no worse than any of the other stooges who have held his position, it isn't a good enough reason for not voting him out so don't use that one.
 
#6
Don't get me wrong; I would have voted yes as he has been dire in his own right. I was simply explaining that they have all been shite since Malcolm Rifkind...
 
#7
The only Politician who has ever been nice to a soldier is the one who actually came up with the arms and ammo to do the job and told the boss man to get on with it and tell him when it was over!

I think that was back in the 1870's or was it 1812
 
#8
Dene_B said:
The only Politician who has ever been nice to a soldier is the one who actually came up with the arms and ammo to do the job and told the boss man to get on with it and tell him when it was over!

I think that was back in the 1870's or was it 1812
Cheers for that; the most useless post I have ever read...
 
#9
I have not yet voted but I am keen not to leap onto the bash Des Brown band wagon without good reason. As I see it he is no better, or worse than the vast majority of the Labour ministers who are in power. He has also had the decency (when pushed I suspect) to take the flak for the recent press stories.

Hence he may not be all bad and in fairness sometimes there is an element of better the devil you know. The only to options (within the ranks of MPs) I could see as being good for the Armed Forces are John Reid (fat chance, too busy in the Home Office) and Adam Ingram (decent bloke but I suspect he enjoys being Min AF more than the shite his boss has to put up with).
 
#10
Modfather said:
He has also had the decency (when pushed I suspect) to take the flak for the recent press stories.
And so he damn well should have if the leaked story alledging that MoD were discussing how best to promulgate the stories of the 15 several days before their release is true!
 
#11
Geoff Hoon set the bar low yet somehow Des shimmied under it. Outstanding.

Don't get me started on Margret Becket..
 
#12
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
Modfather said:
He has also had the decency (when pushed I suspect) to take the flak for the recent press stories.
And so he damn well should have if the leaked story alledging that MoD were discussing how best to promulgate the stories of the 15 several days before their release is true!
Can ANYONE give any indication that it is true, though
 

cpunk

LE
Moderator
#13
hellfyyr said:
I was simply explaining that they have all been shite since Malcolm Rifkind...
I was having a conversation with Malcolm Rifkind and Andrew Neil a few years ago and, knowing my military background, Neil asked me what I thought was the worst British defence decision of recent years. Without thinking, I said 'buying the Eurofighter', which caused much hilarity as that was Rifkind's decision.

Actually, I thought John Reid might have been rather good if he'd had longer in the post...
 
#14
Who do we get to replace him though? Its scary
 
#15
Sven said:
FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:
Modfather said:
He has also had the decency (when pushed I suspect) to take the flak for the recent press stories.
And so he damn well should have if the leaked story alledging that MoD were discussing how best to promulgate the stories of the 15 several days before their release is true!
Can ANYONE give any indication that it is true, though
Til Monday's Commons Show, 'wait out' me thinks on this one!
 
#16
I voted for having confidence in him. The only reason I did this was because he is a friend of a friend who I know is an excellent judge of character. I'm also not a big fan of blaming the man at the top for everything.
 
#17
I think this is far too narrow a target for the sheer stupidity in evidence for the last fortnight.

So I won't add a vote, as it's too much like letting one man carry the can for the incompetance of the Navy Board/MoD/Browne and his people and letting the rest off the hook.
 
#19
hellfyyr said:
Dene_B said:
The only Politician who has ever been nice to a soldier is the one who actually came up with the arms and ammo to do the job and told the boss man to get on with it and tell him when it was over!

I think that was back in the 1870's or was it 1812
Cheers for that; the most useless post I have ever read...
Do you get someone else to proof-read your own then?
 
#20
*Ahem* the reason why people vote against the motion is because (as it's late & I'm a little "tired & emotional") - they click in the wrong box.....

[Deduct one from "oppose" and to "support"]
 

Latest Threads

Top