No Claims Bonus from outside EU - any insurers who will recognise it?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by CRmeansCeilingReached, Mar 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm returning to UK after 3 years in Brunei. When I left, had 4 yrs no claims bonus. 3 yrs claim-free in Brunei, but I understand that insurers stop counting NCB when you have been out of the country for more than 2 years? (is this correct?)

Does anyone know of any insurance companies who will recognise non-EU NCB? Or even give us, say, a year's NCB for proof of 3yrs without a claim in Brunei? (obviously the first year's NCB is the biggy).

2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

3. thanks. checked them out already, they were awful - cheapest quote was nearly £1500.

ironically, the cheapest by far has been Forces Financial. they recognise overseas NCB, but it actually worked out cheaper without it! over £1000 with 3 yrs overseas NCB, but hefty discount as a new customer with no recent UK insurance - £717.
  4. I am afraid your best bet is to shop around as you have noted as a new customer some companies do good deals. At least you have age and a clean record working in your favour.