No Charges in Cash for Honour Farse

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by in_the_cheapseats, Jul 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Right - it's official. Either the cops were completely incompetent or the cronies really were all innocent.

See Here

Another great day for British Democracy! :oops:

2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Bugger - beaten to it

MODs - amalgamate please?

3. Couldn't find the other thread and so decided to comment on this one.

I hate to say I told You so but . . . . .

It was obvious nothing was going to happen when the Yard went back for more statements and then we heard nothing more for ages. The CPS probably told Bill to get something more substansive or drop the thing.

Personally I think that whilst doners were rewarded for their gifts TO ONE OF ALL THREE PARTIES, the police found no indication that anyone was told that donations would automatically result in peerages

4. The man handling this 'sensitive' enquiry,was the same man who failed in the 'Diana butler case'.After that fiasco most of his team(and himself) were promoted.Looks more like a METS PR exercise,than a proper investigation.

5. And the DPP who had to decide whether to press charges is a colleague of Cherie at Matrix Chambers.

If this was fiction it would be rejected as less plausible than the adventures of a certain H. Potter. But then, both feature witches and magic*

* "Never mind Tony darling...I'll make those nasty criminal charges disappear when I go into work tomorrow..."

6. Heard Radio 2 listener suggest that as Plod's enquiry had contributed to the early departure of B'Liar it was cheap at a million quid!

And announced by a breathless BBC hack a few minutes after Bye Election, spooky that !

Bunch of C.......the lot of them.

7. Yes, the contribution to Bliar's early exit so it was a good thing.

This still has to go a little further. Reading between the lines, the cops are furious and believe the rug has been pulled out from under their feet by the CPS. Questions will be asked (by MPs and by the public) as to why this took so long and cost so much. The answer will be in the evidence followed by police. If it is compelling, then questions will be asked of the CPS.

I predict a reopening of the case, with another officer brought out of retirement to take charge:

[​IMG]

8. Now that surprises me Awol because I was under the impression that DPP was employed full time by the CPS and so not available to work in chambers

9. Well,are farce and arrse mutually exclusve?

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Pretty much like most other things you comment on you are uninformed and more stupid than we give you credit for.

11. So You are saying that the DPP can carry out work for other employers?

I really would appreciate an answer to one of the questions I ask You O Sgt. This one will do for a start

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You really aren't too bright are you - the obvious answer is YES. Did you get that - YES!!!

Stop pretending people are not answering your questions, you're the obfuscating walting dullard.

13. Glad of a straight answer for a change OS.

Now I will further my knowledge by talking to a lawyer chappie I happen to know (I will be meeting Him on Monday) and confirm.

14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Ooooh look at her all imoprtant with lawyer friends. Are you going to tell me your dads bigger than my dad next. Stop pretending you are anything other than a walting dullard.