No brexit, how would it work?

As you seem to struggle with the simplest of questions, ie one word reply "yes" or "no" will suffice, I'll assume what I said in my last sentence from the post you quoted. As our septic cousins would say, "Have a nice day."
Stop the ad homenim.

I genuinely have no idea what I would be saying yes or no to that has not been covered.

And whilst you explain, please also answer me with a yes or no.

Under current law we will cede membership on 29 March and the result of the referendum delivered. Do you disagree?

Stop the ad homenim.

I genuinely have no idea what I would be saying yes or no to that has not been covered.

And whilst you explain, please also answer me with a yes or no.

Under current law we will cede membership on 29 March and the result of the referendum delivered. Do you disagree?
Last reply. You keep on about what is going to happen on the 29 March this year. I keep on telling you that is in the future, which no one can predict. Unless all the news I'm hearing is" false," TV, papers of different persuasions, there are MPs from different parties trying to have that date extended which would mean we would not leave the EU on 29 March this year. So no ad homenim involved.

Last reply. You keep on about what is going to happen on the 29 March this year. I keep on telling you that is in the future, which no one can predict. Unless all the news I'm hearing is" false," TV, papers of different persuasions, there are MPs from different parties trying to have that date extended which would mean we would not leave the EU on 29 March this year. So no ad homenim involved.
Ok. Yes then, I agree there is a possibility that on 30th March we will not leave, if the law is changed to allow that to happen.

Do you agree that both no deal and the PM’s deal fulfil what you voted for though?

No deal is the default.

Do try and keep up.
So not specifically included in the vote as an option under discussion?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Bit hard to vote for something that's not up for a vote, don't you think?

It's almost as if the whole mess could have been avoided by fronting up the old specifics any time there was a vote, or something.

It's almost as if the whole mess could have been avoided by fronting up the old specifics any time there was a vote, or something.
Just for clarity what remains undecided is the nature of our withdrawal (the withdrawal agreement). Not an enduring arrangement between UK as a third country and the block that is the EU (the trade deal)

So there never was the prospect if the latter until UK had actually left, the arrangements for which were set out in A50. That was clear and understood even by donnets like me, so I think it fair to assume that our elected representatives were aware too, yet they still went ahead and voted in favour of triggering A50. That said, only very recently have the mainstream media started using WA, alrhough they still refer to the A50 default as "no deal" rather than "no WA".

Last edited:

When I have my car serviced, I don't mither the garage owners about the spanners they use or the brand of oil.

They are paid to do a job

HMG is trying to limit the damage of an ill-informed choice.
Erm not at all. HMG is trying to find a way out of the Labyrinthine mess that a former HMG made. The fact that the vast number appear to be ill informed is as much the fault of the shakers and movers not wanting to highlight the issues. Unfortunately people like me, in my job were not fooled. Not being funny BL but you do understand that Customs Officers were far closer to the reality than the military and you are now closer to the problem, than the solution. There were even times when the military actually compounded the problem for us. Just saying like.

When I have my car serviced, I don't mither the garage owners about the spanners they use or the brand of oil.

They are paid to do a job
I'd be truly interested in being a fly on the wall if, after your garage performed the service down to the letter, you waltzed back in and told them it wasn't what you'd expected and they'd better chuck something else in on top because you'd paid.

I wouldn't be surprised if jeering laughter featured heavily, or perhaps waved fingers.

I'd be truly interested in being a fly on the wall if, after your garage performed the service down to the letter, you waltzed back in and told them it wasn't what you'd expected and they'd better chuck something else in on top because you'd paid.

I wouldn't be surprised if jeering laughter featured heavily, or perhaps waved fingers.
My bold. Already covered by the "no mithering" clause.

In other news, I can well imagine you're used to abusive treatment from all sorts of tradespeople.

Rather where remainers find themselves then

My bold. Already covered by the "no mithering" clause.
Although there does seem to be a lot of it on the topic of how ceasing to be a Member State of the EU doesn't constitute Leaving.

Still, I'm sure it'll be alright in the end and everyone will get what they voted for.

Although there does seem to be a lot of it on the topic of how ceasing to be a Member State of the EU doesn't constitute Leaving.

Still, I'm sure it'll be alright in the end and everyone will get what they voted for.
Ceasing to be a MS of th EU but continuing to pay them, follow all their rules etc but with no vote clearly does not constitute leaving.

Ceasing to be a MS of th EU but continuing to pay them, follow all their rules etc but with no vote clearly does not constitute leaving.
If those constituted membership, Norway and Switzerland would be EUMS. They're not.

It may not constitute what you yourself think of when you hear the word 'leave' but that's not what was up for vote. Ceasing to be a EUMS was and that's what's on track to happen.

If those constituted membership, Norway and Switzerland would be EUMS. They're not.

It may not constitute what you yourself think of when you hear the word 'leave' but that's not what was up for vote. Ceasing to be a EUMS was and that's what's on track to happen.
On track? I agree. Full brexit, despite all the shenanigans, will happen.

Actually more because of all the shenanigans if truth be told.