No brexit, how would it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are leaving on 29th March. Why do people need to book appointments?
1st sentence. No we are not leaving on the 29th March. We voted to leave, and the date for that was given as the 29th March. As I've said nobody can see into the future. Read #598 first sentence and compare with #600. Both written by you, but contradicting yourself.
I explained why leavers should get in touch with their MPs. If you can contradict yourself between a gap of two posts, there's no way I'm going to write all that out again!

Imagine if we had a general election where instead of a choice of parties and/or candidates the electorate was asked, "Do you want a government?" Cynicism aside, I'd imagine the vast majority would say yes.

Would it then be unreasonable to ask the obvious next question before putting any specific policies into place so that they could be tested in the court of public opinion?

Imagine if we had a general election where instead of a choice of parties and/or candidates the electorate was asked, "Do you want a government?" Cynicism aside, I'd imagine the vast majority would say yes.

Would it then be unreasonable to ask the obvious next question before putting any specific policies into place so that they could be tested in the court of public opinion?
Imagine all you want. # 537 in red. That is what happened.
You too are speculating in your scenario, "imagine." We might vote 52 - 48 and the 48 would prevail.

Imagine all you want. # 537 in red. That is what happened.
You too are speculating in your scenario, "imagine." We might vote 52 - 48 and the 48 would prevail.
You could also imagine that the 52 were all of the same mind. You'd be right, too, if the question were as specific as, "Do you want a *Insert party name here* government."

When it's something as nebulous as, "Do you want a government?" anyone insisting it was a vote on specifics is just imagining their little hearts out.

You could also imagine that the 52 were all of the same mind. You'd be right, too, if the question were as specific as, "Do you want a *Insert party name here* government."

When it's something as nebulous as, "Do you want a government?" anyone insisting it was a vote on specifics is just imagining their little hearts out.
So it's okay for you to speculate on a scenario, but when I add to your imagination, I'm the one who's speculating?
No speculation. #537 in red. Did these events happen, yes or no? No deflecting, a simple one word answer is all that's required.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
So it's okay for you to speculate on a scenario, but when I add to your imagination, I'm the one who's speculating?
No speculation. #537 in red. Did these events happen, yes or no? No deflecting, a simple one word answer is all that's required.
They happened. So what?

I wasn't speculating at all, though. I was drawing a parallel.

1st sentence. No we are not leaving on the 29th March. We voted to leave, and the date for that was given as the 29th March. As I've said nobody can see into the future. Read #598 first sentence and compare with #600. Both written by you, but contradicting yourself.
I explained why leavers should get in touch with their MPs. If you can contradict yourself between a gap of two posts, there's no way I'm going to write all that out again!
Please elucidate my contradiction.

We are leaving on the 29th March. You have got what you voted for.

Can you please explain why you say above that we are not leaving on the 29th March?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
We'll see on March 29th. Only 64 days to go and the brexiters have already achieved so much in attaining their goal.

h
Yes, it's all going so well.

What a swell party it is.

The specific was leave.

The fact the parties EU and HMG tasked with negotiating what leave looks like have come up with no deal is merely fortuitous.

We'll see on March 29th. Only 64 days to go and the brexiters have already achieved so much in attaining their goal.

h
I'd like to believe that, but I won't be counting my chickens until it actually happens. I, like many on here, don't trust our illustrious leaders an inch.
Before Brexit appeared on the horizon, all of us were slagging them off. I'm not saying they arranged it, like I'm some conspiracy loon. I believe they were that convinced we'd vote remain, it never crossed their mind. Because we did, they had no idea what to do about it. I believe they are using delaying tactics, while they try to get us "out" but not really. Badly put, but you know what I mean.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
I'd like to believe that, but I won't be counting my chickens until it actually happens. I, like many on here, don't trust our illustrious leaders an inch.
Before Brexit appeared on the horizon, all of us were slagging them off. I'm not saying they arranged it, like I'm some conspiracy loon. I believe they were that convinced we'd vote remain, it never crossed their mind. Because we did, they had no idea what to do about it. I believe they are using delaying tactics, while they try to get us "out" but not really. Badly put, but you know what I mean.
HMG is trying to limit the damage of an ill-informed choice.

The specific was leave.

The fact the parties EU and HMG tasked with negotiating what leave looks like have come up with no deal is merely fortuitous.
If there are many different leaves then generic-leave isn't a specific, it's a catch-all term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads