No brexit, how would it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every day I laugh at how my world will be better with the trawls coming in asking me for more and more resources to support BREXIT.

The choices are now PMTM’s deal or no deal. Not enough MPs support the deal. No deal would see thousands of troops deployed to support CNI.

Is that what you voted for?
I voted to leave, as is my democratic right. Are you another one who supports democracy as long as it's the same as yours? Anybody who votes differently is "wrong." May I suggest that you, and all who keep on saying "we leavers voted the wrong way," look up the definition of democracy then get back to us and explain why/how we were "wrong" under that definition. Thank you.

Every day I laugh at how my world will be better with the trawls coming in asking me for more and more resources to support BREXIT.

The choices are now PMTM’s deal or no deal. Not enough MPs support the deal. No deal would see thousands of troops deployed to support CNI.

Is that what you voted for?
If it happens yes, we deployed millions of troops and fought world wars not to be ruled by a European dictator so yes I'd put up with a few food shortages and the deployment of the army if necessary. Will it happen however, or is this just the next step in the trolling of 'project fear'.
To put a bit of flesh on your statement, what is going to happen that the military being deployed will/can alleviate. The only thing I can think of is the rioting when the remoaners finally realise they haven't been listened to because this is a democracy not the EU.

I voted to leave, as is my democratic right. Are you another one who supports democracy as long as it's the same as yours? Anybody who votes differently is "wrong." May I suggest that you, and all who keep on saying "we leavers voted the wrong way," look up the definition of democracy then get back to us and explain why/how we were "wrong" under that definition. Thank you.
No.

I disagree with how you voted, as I may do at each election. I accept that if I want a vote, you must have one too and sometimes I am in the majority and sometimes not.

What I question is this, is this outcome what you wanted? Because it is certainly what you voted for.

If it happens yes, we deployed millions of troops and fought world wars not to be ruled by a European dictator so yes I'd put up with a few food shortages and the deployment of the army if necessary. Will it happen however, or is this just the next step in the trolling of 'project fear'.
To put a bit of flesh on your statement, what is going to happen that the military being deployed will/can alleviate. The only thing I can think of is the rioting when the remoaners finally realise they haven't been listened to because this is a democracy not the EU.
Troops wouldn’t be deployed for rioting unless society was breaking down more than the miner’s strikes. More likely lorry driving for fuel etc.

Again, if you’re content with food shortages. You may get what you wished for.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I voted to remain, but am quite strongly opposed to a second referendum - you don't keep having votes until you get the right result. I have seen supporters of a second referendum say it is ultimate democracy to vote again, like any election. In that case, should we have an in/out referendum every five years?

Nobbygas

Old-Salt
I voted to remain, but am quite strongly opposed to a second referendum - you don't keep having votes until you get the right result. I have seen supporters of a second referendum say it is ultimate democracy to vote again, like any election. In that case, should we have an in/out referendum every five years?
There was a gap of 41 years between votes for the public to have any say over the EU. I support a Second Referendum if it is held 41 years after the first one.

Shurley every council and national election too should be reruns if anyone loses?

Troops wouldn’t be deployed for rioting unless society was breaking down more than the miner’s strikes. More likely lorry driving for fuel etc.

Again, if you’re content with food shortages. You may get what you wished for.
And why do we need lorry driving for fuel, are all our lorry drivers Polish and going to be sent home on March 29th. I remain unconvinced.
If there are food shortages it will be entirely because UK customs are behaving like tw@ts slowing incoming traffic down. Since UK made no customs revenue from incoming EU traffic this week why rush to put in place the measures for 1st April, let if flow for a while until something sensible is sorted out. Of course it's just possible that French customs will act up but when the fisherman blockade the ports nothing much happens so again I smell 'project fear'.

And why do we need lorry driving for fuel, are all our lorry drivers Polish and going to be sent home on March 29th. I remain unconvinced.
If there are food shortages it will be entirely because UK customs are behaving like tw@ts slowing incoming traffic down. Since UK made no customs revenue from incoming EU traffic this week why rush to put in place the measures for 1st April, let if flow for a while until something sensible is sorted out. Of course it's just possible that French customs will act up but when the fisherman blockade the ports nothing much happens so again I smell 'project fear'.
No. Saying there will be no fuel/food shortages is project fear.

Asking for the army to FGen troops is planning. It may be planning for a worst case situation that may never happen. However, someone thinks it still requires planning.

No.

I disagree with how you voted, as I may do at each election. I accept that if I want a vote, you must have one too and sometimes I am in the majority and sometimes not.

What I question is this, is this outcome what you wanted? Because it is certainly what you voted for.
Fine with the 1st two parts of your post.

To answer the question "...is this what I wanted..."no. Because it certainly wasn't what I voted for! I voted leave over two years ago, and that is not happening. Can I direct you to #537? Read the bit in red. That is what happened, those are the facts. After reading it, get back to me and tell me where I've got it wrong.
If, as you say, you accept your vote will be on the losing side, why are you against this one?

@FatCav can you inform us where you posted the copy of the ballot paper regarding the ballot paper of 20 June 2016? We can then direct anyone who has trouble understanding what we voted for, rather than getting into a handbags at dawn argument. Thanks in advance.

Fine with the 1st two parts of your post.

To answer the question "...is this what I wanted..."no. Because it certainly wasn't what I voted for! I voted leave over two years ago, and that is not happening. Can I direct you to #537? Read the bit in red. That is what happened, those are the facts. After reading it, get back to me and tell me where I've got it wrong.
If, as you say, you accept your vote will be on the losing side, why are you against this one?

@FatCav can you inform us where you posted the copy of the ballot paper regarding the ballot paper of 20 June 2016? We can then direct anyone who has trouble understanding what we voted for, rather than getting into a handbags at dawn argument. Thanks in advance.
I have read it. We are due to leave on 29 March. Currently we will have PMTM’s deal or no deal. I want to check that either of those outcomes is what you wanted and that you are therefore content with your vote.

WTO trade expert confirms Article 24 GATT is doable

I have read it. We are due to leave on 29 March. Currently we will have PMTM’s deal or no deal. I want to check that either of those outcomes is what you wanted and that you are therefore content with your vote.
I'm content with my vote, I'm not content with the failure of our MPs to carry it out. PMTMs deal, or any other deal were not on the ballot. How could they be? No one could foresee the outcome of the 2016 referendum. Neither can leavers or remainers tell what the future holds. Both sides can, and did say, what they thought/may/could happen. ALL were only speculating, because that's all anyone can do about the future.

In other posts I've stated quite clearly why I voted leave. I did not pay any attention to what either side said. I voted solely on my mistrust of the EU after living through the last 40 years of their gradual intrusion in our system, wine/grain/butter mountains, twenty+ years of the auditors refusing to sign of the books to name a few.

@Fat_Cav cancel request ref ballot paper, found it. To all remainers can I refer you to thread "Is No Deal the new Millennium Bug,"#301. That states exactly what we could vote for. Nothing there about a Norway, Canada or any other "deal." Remain or leave is what it states. Remain lost, therefore leave won. Anything else MPs put on the table now is just a fuc fudge. Remember the rhetoric before 20 June 2016? Leave means leave, Brexit means Brexit and all the doom and gloom predictions which would befall us on the day after the vote, should we dare put our X in the wrong box! Well just over 17,000,000 of us dared.

@fraudstar you said you read the bit in red. You never said it was wrong. Therefore if you can't say that, it follows it must be right, yes or no. I would appreciate a straight answer ie yes or no, not an MPs a but, deflection. If I'm wrong please explain why this is so.

The ballot never said when we would leave.

You’re not wrong. We haven’t left yet, legally we will leave on the 29th of March. Either with the PM’s deal or no deal.,

You will have got what you voted for. I hope it makes you happy.

I have an idea, but I'll need the help of you techno whizz kids to achieve it.
We leavers are unhappy the way our elected "representatives" are not going about what they are supposed to be doing. Most of you will know the first part of what I'm about to say, but bear with me.

Regardless of how you vote, in a GE, your MP is there to represent you in HoC. They come back to their constituency, on a Friday, where most/all have a surgery where anyone can approach them to raise any matters that as an individual you may be concerned about. You need to make an appointment to do this. They also have an email and postal address you can write to. All this information is on the web. Find out the name of your MP, go on web, put in name and bingo.

What if, with the help of you techno bods here, you spread my idea which follows.
There are only 650 MPs in HoC, and 17,000,000 + who voted to leave. Phone for an appointment to see your MP. (I did say to keep an eye on the red bit at #537. They are indisputable facts.) Should they try to deflect, ...a but, things have changed, now we know, blah, blah, stop them. Just politely raise your hand, palm facing them and say politely "Excuse me." Then guide them back to the facts. DO NOT SWEAR, BE ABUSIVE OR THREATEN THEM IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. , Should you do so, as well as possibly being arrested, an even worse fate awaits. You could be classed as being as bad as them!

Should you be unsuccessful in getting an appointment, send an email. Same rules apply, no swearing, threats or abuse. This is still a democracy. Disobey the rules and you'll take away from the object of the exercise. Namely to remind our MPs how strong we leavers feel about the result, and how they are not implementing it.

The first method, an appointment, will cost you time and possibly a 'phone call. By email no cost at all.

This last way will cost a bit more, but will be the least popular from the MPs point of view. Snail mail, but use a pen, a fountain pen is even better. They're used to reading type written ones like this. People are not in the habit of writing with a pen, so the writing will not exactly be copperplate. Win, win.

There is nothing to stop you getting in touch with your MP as much as you want to. Don't go completely doolally. One email a day should do, especially if the word can be spread to outside us Arrseholes.

Should you technos spread the word to other leavers outside of this forum, think of our leaders being swamped by appointments, emails and letters all saying the same thing. Leave was what we voted for, leave is what we want.

Sorry for such a long post. Had to try something, unlike our gutless politicians. Thanks if you've read this to the end.

We are leaving on 29th March. Why do people need to book appointments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads