No Blacks, No dogs, No pikeys

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
It's even worse than you think, Pontins is now owned by the Britannia Hotels Group who are regularly voted the worst hotel chain in the UK.

Given that I visited the Adelphi in Liverpool some years ago, and the reputation of e.g. the Stockport Britannia [full of asylum seekers] i reckon Pontins would be an ideal replacement for Napier Barracks.....

They do have a point though!

fly-tipping-banner.jpg

Pontins has reversed it's discrimination criteria against those with certain names

Park Holidays also refused a booking from one of my rellies, last year, as their name was Keenan and they'd had trouble with folks of that name in the past. Reported to Race Relations who did the square root of nowt. :cool:

It's even worse than you think, Pontins is now owned by the Britannia Hotels Group who are regularly voted the worst hotel chain in the UK.

Given that I visited the Adelphi in Liverpool some years ago, and the reputation of e.g. the Stockport Britannia [full of asylum seekers] i reckon Pontins would be an ideal replacement for Napier Barracks.....
I normally attend a bi annual convention at the Stockport Britannia. It has 2 advantages - large convention space, low cost. For our purposes (boardgaming) this is good. The kitchen is known as the bacon forge....

We don't stay over in the hotel. We either drive home or stay in the chain 10 minutes walk away.

Example clientele:

I normally attend a bi annual convention at the Stockport Britannia. It has 2 advantages - large convention space, low cost. For our purposes (boardgaming) this is good. The kitchen is known as the bacon forge....

We don't stay over in the hotel. We either drive home or stay in the chain 10 minutes walk away.

Example clientele:

"Shoot the cvnt" :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
So are Pontins moving up market:???:

Gypsy's and travellers deserve a place they can call home , there's plenty of empty old gulag rustic accommodation in the Kolyma region of Siberia and nothing worth nicking for 500 miles in all directions.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I notice they don't allow any comments on that story.

as someone who knows the trade (god help me, I even worked for Britannia in the nineties) all that will happen will be that all bookings are subject to confirmation and the list will be kept in peoples heads - ones that can be trusted to keep their mouths shut and not go blabbing - and reviewed once every week or so. they'll probably stick a few hurdles in place that anyone with a 'proper' address and not a caravan utilising nomadic traveller (credit card deposit for a few £££ or similar) wouldn't have any problems with. anyone sounds a bit dodgy, 'oh, I'm terribly sorry, our function room won't be available that week...' and that will be that.

every hotel I've ever worked in has a list of undesirables that they won't take bookings off. it's just that usually they aren't fcuking daft enough to publish it anywhere.