No assault course for me sarge, i got a cold.

How is the ring?
Dunno about big bits of wood, Rat packs A - C did for mine.
12 foot wall with That Rifle caused enough damage.
Some belll-end put old engine oil at the base, so all your kit would get covered in oil. It would splash up and hit your knackers. So several pairs of M+S grundies were binned.
I am owed about £3 for the shreddies and £millions for the mental torture.
I’d settle for three quid about now.
"How is the ring?"..........How insensitive!!
All those years of trying to come to terms with what happened on that awful day and now the horrible memories come flooding back.
And you even had the nerve to mention oil.
Oil would have been a bonus on that day.
I don't know if you've ever been dry humped by a telegraph pole on a hot day in May, but let me tell you Mr. Rangdo of Bloody Arg, it isn't something I'd recommend.

You beast.

"How is the ring?"..........How insensitive!!
All those years of trying to come to terms with what happened on that awful day and now the horrible memories come flooding back.
And you even had the nerve to mention oil.
Oil would have been a bonus on that day.
I don't know if you've ever been dry humped by a telegraph pole on a hot day in May, but let me tell you Mr. Rangdo of Bloody Arg, it isn't something I'd recommend.

You beast.
Yeah, I know. Normally it’s July.
When Dettingen day is out of the way.

I would loudly applaud this idea, however its great for the fit soldiers who will only go sick when they really are, and it will be used as a swerve by idle cnuts.

When I was based in Brussum my fitness improved because there were no PT lessons and I did my phys, (If I was ill then I didnt need a biff chit, I just didnt do phys), there was another loggie who did **** all, was a lard arse and then shockingly enough was on the sick when a PFT/CFT was on the horizon.

Years ago a bootie sgt who was attached to 6 regt was telling me that in his unit seniors and officer didnt have to do official PT they were considered trustworthy and able enough to do their own phys and he couldnt understand why it wasnt the same in the RLC...

I would loudly applaud this idea, however its great for the fit soldiers who will only go sick when they really are, and it will be used as a swerve by idle cnuts.

Makes grade and shade easier and it also removes NCOs from some potential claims of abuse and/or negligence.

Makes grade and shade easier and it also removes NCOs from some potential claims of abuse and/or negligence.

If you are ill there is a process for going sick. The only way an NCO should get spanked is if they go against a sick chit.

This is a great idea if everyone in the army was a motivated soldier, they arent.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
From today's daily mail. " For the first time soldiers will be permitted to self certify as sick with just a cough, and excuse themselves From training at a moments notice" It goes on to say they need not report to the MO for their ailments to be assessed. Former defense minister Tobias Elwood MP says " we must move with the times" There are several column inches of boll0cks and waffle all along the same lines." The new policy will also be written into risk assessments which will be read to troops ahead of any activities." WTF? its not a building site, its a training regiment, the lads are all volunteers, they know what expected of them, they know its going to be hard, mentally and physically they know there will be shit days, and they know if they play the long game, expecting to pass out, they will fail, and get Fcuked about mercilessly, if not booted out. :eek:

FFS not content with reducing the army to under 100k personal, pandering to the LGBTXYX community, women on the front line, advertising for snowflakes, handing over the cookhouses to private companies, ditto recruiting, now if Pte Atkins has had a skinful over the weekend, he can cry off with " Sorry sarge i feel a little fragile, headache, and blurred vision, I'd be dangerous on the rifle range- assault course- company battle camp- 3 mile run etc.:salut:

HTF is an army going to confront the queens enemy's, home and abroad if every twinge, ache and sniffle allows a soldier to cry off doing his training, or duty. Maybe i'm reading this the wrong way, if so i really do apologise, if not, what are your thoughts and comments :?:
Why did you change your username?

llech

LE
If you are ill there is a process for going sick. The only way an NCO should get spanked is if they go against a sick chit.

This is a great idea if everyone in the army was a motivated soldier, they arent.
Serious question, how does MAKING someone do something they don't want to do motivation? Pedant mode that's just fear of sanctions.

Serious question, how does MAKING someone do something they don't want to do motivation? Pedant mode that's just fear of sanctions.

Once unfit people get fit, they are more motivated to attend PT.
No one wants to be at back and idle cnuts will use this as an excuse to avoid PT.

Way back when I was in a field unit I had a very bad night of D&V - next day I was supposed to be on PT.
Walked over and told my Troopy - the look on his face told me that I looked like a sack of warmed up puke and i wish I could have just phoned him up to tell him instead.

I will absolutely guarantee people will take the piss out of this - but remember that your troop/Pln seniors have a duty of care to ensure that if they are ill that they have access to food/water/etc. So checks will be done.

If they were also out at the rugby club until 3 in the morning and were last seen doing the dance of the flaming ********* on the pool table then hopefully those same seniors will have the testicular fortitude to drag them back down the lines and get them to man a broom for the rest of the day.

How is the ring?
Dunno about big bits of wood, Rat packs A - C did for mine.
12 foot wall with That Rifle caused enough damage.
Some belll-end put old engine oil at the base, so all your kit would get covered in oil. It would splash up and hit your knackers. So several pairs of M+S grundies were binned.
I am owed about £3 for the shreddies and £millions for the mental torture.
I’d settle for three quid about now.
3 quid for M+S grollies? You were robbed mate. The NAAFI in Vimy Barracks in 94, used to sell snazzy coloured grippers 3 pairs for a quid. Perfect for the drunk crow who goes there an a 3 month course having not packed any. Just like “someone “ I know. Ahem

Whilst this sounds sensible, it probably isn't and is almost definitely going to be abused in the same way the JPA claims system was in the early days. And depending which medcen your at, you might not be able to get an appointment for days. I think this is really about reducing costs for medical services across this forces. Once added up, this will allow X medcens to close and Y medical staff to not be employed.

3 quid for M+S grollies? You were robbed mate. The NAAFI in Vimy Barracks in 94, used to sell snazzy coloured grippers 3 pairs for a quid. Perfect for the drunk crow who goes there an a 3 month course having not packed any. Just like “someone “ I know. Ahem
I got more than one set of shreddies for my money. I think they were in packs of ten.
At the risk of being a Spike Milligan walt, the utter horror that is the average squaddie‘s underwear is something else. Even now, I take some comfort that some of my shreddies are in their second decade.
I will replace them eventually. And that set will see me out.

I got more than one set of shreddies for my money. I think they were in packs of ten.
At the risk of being a Spike Milligan walt, the utter horror that is the average squaddie‘s underwear is something else. Even now, I take some comfort that some of my shreddies are in their second decade.
I will replace them eventually. And that set will see me out.
Draws cellular, issued in 1972, never used, stored and packed away, and handed back in pristine condition in 1981. The stores bloke was incredulous, as it was the first pair ever returned by someone getting discharged. :eek:

964ST

LE
Draws cellular, issued in 1972, never used, stored and packed away, and handed back in pristine condition in 1981. The stores bloke was incredulous, as it was the first pair ever returned by someone getting discharged. :eek:
My 1981 issue kegs, were used as Scrim on my helmet Fnarr Fnarr! They were very disruptive.

20210613_183636.jpg

Eyes_Right

Old-Salt
From today's daily mail. " For the first time soldiers will be permitted to self certify as sick with just a cough, and excuse themselves From training at a moments notice" It goes on to say they need not report to the MO for their ailments to be assessed.

Using the doll, can you show the Jury exactly where the recruiting Sergeant touched you?

964ST

LE
@Retired bloke OMG! I might have been issued your Shreddies!!?? Thank god they were a ridiculous size that would only fit a giant!

Latest Threads