No assault course for me sarge, i got a cold.

From today's daily mail. " For the first time soldiers will be permitted to self certify as sick with just a cough, and excuse themselves From training at a moments notice" It goes on to say they need not report to the MO for their ailments to be assessed. Former defense minister Tobias Elwood MP says " we must move with the times" There are several column inches of boll0cks and waffle all along the same lines." The new policy will also be written into risk assessments which will be read to troops ahead of any activities." WTF? its not a building site, its a training regiment, the lads are all volunteers, they know what expected of them, they know its going to be hard, mentally and physically they know there will be shit days, and they know if they play the long game, expecting to pass out, they will fail, and get Fcuked about mercilessly, if not booted out. :eek:

FFS not content with reducing the army to under 100k personal, pandering to the LGBTXYX community, women on the front line, advertising for snowflakes, handing over the cookhouses to private companies, ditto recruiting, now if Pte Atkins has had a skinful over the weekend, he can cry off with " Sorry sarge i feel a little fragile, headache, and blurred vision, I'd be dangerous on the rifle range- assault course- company battle camp- 3 mile run etc.:salut:

HTF is an army going to confront the queens enemy's, home and abroad if every twinge, ache and sniffle allows a soldier to cry off doing his training, or duty. Maybe i'm reading this the wrong way, if so i really do apologise, if not, what are your thoughts and comments :?:

Right, men. Tomorrow we are going into Mali/Afghanistan/Iraq. No excuses will be made for tardiness, unless of course your arms and legs are dropping off, you're having open heart surgery or you have a cough. Dismiss! :cool:

Two points:

It‘s in the daily mail.

You really haven’t thought about this.

I’ll let you pull yourself apart in angst before I point out a few things.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
No more arduous bimbles to the Med centre at silly o'clock with small pack to see duty medic to get diagnosed with 'plumbum oscillans' or 'GOK'.

what would you rather they do - parade in 1s before the Orderly Officer before being doubled off to the Medics to be checked over?

I once got shouted at in 1984 as we were carrying the telegraph pole over the assault course at Whittington barracks.
Platoon sergeant said he was going to do something very rude regarding the telegraph pole and my bottom.
I sometimes still have a little cry about it now.
Do I have valid reason to make a compensation claim?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
No more arduous bimbles to the Med centre at silly o'clock with small pack to see duty medic to get diagnosed with 'plumbum oscillans' or 'GOK'.

That went out with the dinosaurs, and self certifying has been in place for a while, just not "at a moment's notice"

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
That went out with the dinosaurs, and self certifying has been in place for a while, just not "at a moment's notice"
Thank you so much for the update, I will amend my records accordingly as I do need to 'get with the times'. :-D

From today's daily mail. " For the first time soldiers will be permitted to self certify as sick with just a cough, and excuse themselves From training at a moments notice" It goes on to say they need not report to the MO for their ailments to be assessed. Former defense minister Tobias Elwood MP says " we must move with the times" There are several column inches of boll0cks and waffle all along the same lines." The new policy will also be written into risk assessments which will be read to troops ahead of any activities." WTF? its not a building site, its a training regiment, the lads are all volunteers, they know what expected of them, they know its going to be hard, mentally and physically they know there will be shit days, and they know if they play the long game, expecting to pass out, they will fail, and get Fcuked about mercilessly, if not booted out. :eek:

FFS not content with reducing the army to under 100k personal, pandering to the LGBTXYX community, women on the front line, advertising for snowflakes, handing over the cookhouses to private companies, ditto recruiting, now if Pte Atkins has had a skinful over the weekend, he can cry off with " Sorry sarge i feel a little fragile, headache, and blurred vision, I'd be dangerous on the rifle range- assault course- company battle camp- 3 mile run etc.:salut:

HTF is an army going to confront the queens enemy's, home and abroad if every twinge, ache and sniffle allows a soldier to cry off doing his training, or duty. Maybe i'm reading this the wrong way, if so i really do apologise, if not, what are your thoughts and comments :?:

I once got shouted at in 1984 as we were carrying the telegraph pole over the assault course at Whittington barracks.
Platoon sergeant said he was going to do something very rude regarding the telegraph pole and my bottom.
How is the ring?
Dunno about big bits of wood, Rat packs A - C did for mine.
12 foot wall with That Rifle caused enough damage.
Some belll-end put old engine oil at the base, so all your kit would get covered in oil. It would splash up and hit your knackers. So several pairs of M+S grundies were binned.
I am owed about £3 for the shreddies and £millions for the mental torture.
I’d settle for three quid about now.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We have seen this sort of thing before.....

1623514808202.png

Yes, for the mental damage you have clearly suffered.

Hohenidoom

Old-Salt
Gosh, imagine treating the blokes like adults, like they've been demanding for the past [insert comical number] years!

Imagine if the CoC could recognise when people take the piss!

Bloody army, what's it coming to!

Latest Threads