No ARRSE view on the events in Manchester?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Litotes, Jun 24, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am surprised that no-one has commented on the election of the fair Harriet to the post of Deputy Dawg - and Gordon's takeover of the Labour Party!

But it has been raining all day and Glastonbury is a sea of mud and the Who are just winding up their set with "Won't Get Fooled Again"! It's a shame that they had to resort to a tape of the organ solo, but it was a tricky piece to play!

Why does everyone at the BBC think that Gordon is about to change his spots? I regret that we are all about to "get fooled again".

Litotes

2. Litotes, to be honest, do you really think anyones' bothered?

It's not going to change anything is it?

(Waiting for slating)

3. Much to do on the domestic front at present, Litotes.

I fear that this will not bode well for the military, and less well for this country.

Mr Broon is known to like his own counsel (and that of others he has either bullied or those few that agree with him).

Personally I would trust him as far as I could throw a brick chimney by it's smoke. :(

4. Fearing the worst and expecting it too exceed my worst fears ..... broon will finish off the dear leaders handywork no doubt.

fcuk is it to early to say Broon your a cnut seeing as he has funded? 'underfunded' all of the dear leaders plans.

so tomorrow is year zero !

5. Broon is adifferent animal from TCB and will hopefully bring back a bit honesty into British politics. However he is, by all accounts a micro-manager and control freak.

The optimist in me says things will improve, the cynic says don't hold you breath.

From the military perspective I suspect that we'll be leaving Iraq as soon as we can politically.

PB

6. Fooled or not, we can't do anything about it for at least a few years. As Frank, Nat and many others have said "There May be Trouble Ahead".

In the second verse they went on to say:-

Before the fiddlers have fled
    Before they ask us to pay the bill and while we still have the chance
    Let's face the music and dance

7. Were doomed.

Like our new flag?

Attached Files:

8. 'nail' and 'head' (unfortunately) come to mind Halo!

9. Once upon a time within living memory people talked of political parties. They now no longer do so, since they now talk exclusively of 'leaders' in an almost subconscious acceptance of what they are in reality - dictators!

Will Brown be any different from Blair? The very question reflects the reality of power in Britain, that absolute and unlimited power lies in the hands of a single man - the Prime Minister, and there exists nothing short of violent revolution that would alter what has silently transpired by evolution while democracy died peacefully and unnoticed in it's sleep!

The King is dead - Long live the King

10. 'Meet the new boss,

Same as the old boss'

We will get fooled again, unfortunately.

11. <Peter Laurie voice on>

"We're all doomed"

I was thinking that for the Party Conference season, instead of the usual projected slogans, possibly a continuous feed of U-Tube videos from TELIC and Herrick could be played back to back. Anyone who's seen the cartoon of Broon in Iraq in Private Eye this week, will see the problem, that this would solve.

12. The most interesting 'fall out' from the hideously sycophantic political theatre yesterday is that Broon may seek to obtain a public mandate by means of a general election next year. What this means to me is that the Tories will have to sort themselves out sharp if they are to unseat Neu Arbeit, but also that whoever wins will do so on a small majority - giving us (potentially) five years of Broon and stagnation.

'Call Me' Dave has a lot of work to do.

13. LMFAO................

14. Politically we left Iraq eons ago. Militarily we'll be involved for eons. Any success in Iraq will be attributed to our sterling political efforts any failure however will be the fault of the Military alone.

15. Private Frazer voice on

"We're doomed, doomed Ah tell ye"