No. 9 DTC (MA)

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by napier, Oct 16, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

I'm due to start No. 9 DTC (MA) in a few days and, being mathematically challenged, could do with a bit of guidance on subjects to bone up for the Academic Assessment Test. If any kind soul who has sat the test would care to point me in the right direction I'd be most appreciative (equally, if any member of the academic staff is open to bribes, PM me!).

2. The following will provide some top tips:

LAPLACE Transforms
    SECOND ORDER NON-LINEAR DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS
    FOURIER Series
    BINOMIALS

Stroud's Further Engineering Mathematics provides a stage by stage, cell by cell process of education and solution; book available in the RMCS Library.

Don't worry about Statistics, a chap called Dr Trevor covers the key ground.

Be prepared for an "initial assessment" on day 1 or 2.

Good luck

MSC DTC No 9

3. napier

Thanks...I think.

4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Anecdotally, I gather that this course is referred to as the 'knuckle draggers'......

P.S Welcome!

5. ...and you've got an exam on 21 Dec. Nice!!! :D :D :D

6. Napes, try your hardest to get into C Stream. ie. Fail the entrance assessment massively. This way you get taught ala 5 year olds (no pressure), and get given all the answers for the exams. Sorted.

7. napier

No need to try - currently counting fingers as I work through 'Maths for Window Lickers'

8. Clearly by putting you on the MA someone has already decided that you can't add up so I wouldn't bother trying to prove that you can.

Remeber: The MSC produce designs for FRES, the MA colours them in.

9. That's not the case so far!

10. napier

Although, clearly, the MSc students concentrate on crap vehicle design rather than on spelling...

11. Well somebody better design FRES soon, or else it will never make its ISD :lol:

Drawings on the back of a fag packet, coloured in or not, to Bloody Always Expensive Systems please.

12. I was MA - so clearly I can't spell or add up!

No wonder I was sent to the Death Star.

13. You'll need to rewrite the laws of physics first to get a C-130 portable CR2 replacement .....

14. napier

As it is clear that the course DS monitor this site, I would just like to say what a wonderful, inspiring collection of senior officers they all are, particularly that nice Course Secretary. :D

15. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Seems to me that there are lots of highly paid (or soon to be) psc officers in this thread. Pity about the medal shortage though!!! Is this an online version of the sandhurst pat?

Want to know what I am talking about - then click here