No 5 Board results

Discussion in 'Officers' started by Back_at_RD, Jul 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have a non-armynet link to the No 5 Bd results? I'm curerntly deployed amidst a bunch of colonials and don't have access to DII. Armynet appears to have been misbehaving for the last 24 hours too, perhaps something to do with todays announcement?
  2. PM sent.
  3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Interesting to see how many 'No Selections' there were!
  4. Yes and in some cases against posts which I was surprised to see gapped.
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Purely a numbers game now. I threw my hat in the E2 ring but had to withdraw for various reasons but boy, were they unhappy about it. There simply aren't enough officers opting for E2 and coupled with the last round of redundancies, there are now more jobs than there are physically officers. Nice one.
  6. Its not much better at the No4 Board......the List supposedly closed a week or so ago but every day another clutch of jobs appears so they're dragging anybody they can onto the Board. Using the Reserve List is an obvious route but that just reduces essential horsepower at SO2 level, but some may get lucky?

We were assured that DM(A) had, at long last, got a handle on our Manning figures but I'm uncertain!? Even with redundancy the gaps seem too significant.

I do wonder where this is all going to lead? Anyway, I hope the gapping policy fell in your favour?
  7. I wish! In my Regt, good luck getting permission to even chuck your hat in the ring for E2! I eventually reached that state of Nirvana, submitted my E2 PPP with the OCE option being J3 Falklands; I now find myself in an E1 J7 job in Kabul. What was the point may I ask?
  8. The problem is that the manpower pool (after redundancy) is designed to fill the new ORBAT, which has not yet been designed let alone implemented, and is also not designed to meet the current OCE requirement.

I suspect it depends on which arm you are in, I have never had problems being out forward for E2 posts, but the RAC has a relatively small E1 liability, so perhaps not surprising.
  9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I have to admit, I chuckled at that one although I suspect you don't find it as funny as I do! My Corps were surprisingly supportive of my E2 app as in the past, they've stiff-armed me good and proper. My OCE was UNMO in Sudan but it came to naught as I had to withdraw it anyway. Could've been interesting I guess..
  10. It's been 4 years since my last HERRICK, so I do have a sense of humour about the matter. The trick will be holding my desk officer to the "quo" aspect of the quid pro quo that was dangled in front of me prior to my "volunteering" for this tour. I was informed that I had volunteered when I arrived in theatre by the commander of the Brit contingent. This came as a surprise as my selection consisted of a hushed telephone conversation from APC stating, "We need you to go to Kabul in a couple of weeks..."