No. 3 Dress!!

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by Tony666, Apr 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm getting married in Cyprus soon, and believe that the correct ceremonial dress is the number 3 dress shirt (white) with No.1 dress trousers? Can anyone confirm this and also does anyone know of a supplier for the No. 3 Shirts. I have looked on the internet but cannot find any stock, I've tried my clothing store but the Civvy in there said he can't order one without a posting order. Hopefully someone can help??

2. Why is this in top tips for arrse?

3. No3 Dress is not a shirt but a white jacket cut in the same style as No1 Dress. It is only issued for certain appointments in warm weather areas and your clothing stores are correct that you need a posting order to get one officially. However, if you go to one of the military tailors in Cyprus they should be able to knock up a passable copy for not a lot.

4. Sorry if this is in the wrong place, new to all this forum stuff and my last computer was a 'speak and spell' !!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for that, unfortunately I'm not based in Cyprus and will only be there a few days before the wedding so a bit risky. Would hope to get one here (UK) and get the camp tailoress to sort it out.

6. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You might also try Corps and Regiment's officers shops, they often have second hand items and may have a No3 tunic.

Word of caution: Unless you are getting married on the bases you should get permission to be wearing uniform elsewhere on the Island.

Of course we would all hope that nothing would go wrong on your big day but best laid plans... Were something to gang awry and the RMP to become involved you might find yourself in a world of extreme inconvenience.

Perhaps you should check your plan with your chain of command.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE so please excuse fat fingers and slips of the keyboard.

8. Have you got any bands near you? AFAIK most bands hold a stock of No 3 Dress Jackets for use overseas. PM me with a rough location and I'll see what I can do.

Tubs

9. Thanks for that, have PM'd you...

Tony

10. Hi Tony did you have any luck getting any number 3 dress as I too am getting married aboard and am after a set????

11. PM me with your location and I'll see what I can do.

Tubs

12. I didn't manage to get any in the UK as I was away a lot. Not sure where your getting married but I got married in Cyprus. When I got there I went to the camp tailor at Episcopi, and in three days he made me a set from scratch. He did a very good job and it fitted perfectly, great quality and not to thick. Cost me 250 Euro's. Don't know if this helps at all????