• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

No. 2 Dress

Can anyone point me in the direction of the regulation position for WOII rank patches on Royal Irish Rangers No. 2 dress?

In a bit of a hurry so no opportunity to search, sorry.

Thanks for any help.

Back_row_roar said:
Hate to admit this, but they still live on in the ACF...

Cheers for the photo, any written regs or is it going to be a rough guesswork job?
Don't be. The ACF kept the Cameronions (Scottish Rifles) alive til RRS was born :wink:

METHOD OF WEARING RANK BADGES AND CHEVRONS

29. Rank badges and chevrons. Rank badges and chevrons other than where specified in Para 2 and 26 above are to be worn on both arms. Annex D to this section describes the method of wearing these badges on certain orders of dress. The following rules apply:

a. When worn on the forearm, the lower edge is to be 16.5cm from the bottom of the sleeve. Where chevrons are worn point uppermost, the point is to be at least 22.85cm from the bottom of the sleeve. However, in the case of a four-bar chevron (badge of appointment) worn on a greatcoat, the point is to be 27.94cm from the bottom of the sleeve.

b. When worn on the upper arm, the lower edge is to be 22.85cm from the top of the sleeve. Chevrons worn on the upper arm are worn point downwards. The distances from the top of the sleeve are to be:

(1) 1-bar 22.85cm.

(2) 2-bar 24.13cm.

(3) 3-bar 26.67cm.
JSP 336 (3rd Edn) Vol 12 Part 3 Pam 15 Sect 2
Version 2.00 dated 01 Dec 04

Now, get the micrometer out. If you don't get the badges correct to within 0.1mm, you'll be in big trouble!

dingerr said:
Are you walting?

I'd be surprised if you were a genuine WO and didn't know how to dress yourself.
Well, ever since they brought out this CS95 stuff, I've had problems... :oops: Can't even fasten the sodding boots! (Actually, my problem is getting them off).

putteesinmyhands said:
dingerr said:
Are you walting?

I'd be surprised if you were a genuine WO and didn't know how to dress yourself.
Well, ever since they brought out this CS95 stuff, I've had problems... :oops: Can't even fasten the sodding boots! (Actually, my problem is getting them off).
That'll be an age thing old lad (judging from your avatar anyway :lol: )

Harry Paget Flashman said:
putteesinmyhands said:
dingerr said:
Are you walting?

Feet seem to be getting further and further away....

putteesinmyhands said:
Harry Paget Flashman said:
putteesinmyhands said:
dingerr said:
Are you walting?

Feet seem to be getting further and further away....
And obscured by your belly?

Back_row_roar said:

Cheers for the photo, any written regs or is it going to be a rough guesswork job?
Do they? I was Royal Irish Rangers until they rebadged us as the 2nd Battalion The Royal Irish Regiment.

To my knowledge the cadets were rebadged/retitled on the very same date in Sept 2007.

The WO2 badge is located in exactly the same place as all other WO2s. Forearm of your left arm.

Gaz3447 said:
Back_row_roar said:

Do they? I was Royal Irish Rangers until they rebadged us as the 2nd Battalion The Royal Irish Regiment.

To my knowledge the cadets were rebadged/retitled on the very same date in Sept 2007.

The WO2 badge is located in exactly the same place as all other WO2s. Forearm of your left arm.

Surely you mean both arms. :roll:

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Gaz3447 said:
Back_row_roar said:

Surely you mean both arms. :roll:
The man has a point :D

Latest Threads