No 2 Dress

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Iceman25220617, Apr 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im in the TA as a RLC Chef and looking to get a set of No2 dress for my bros passing out and apparently we dont get them issued so does anyone know where i can get a set thank you
  2. whys that
  3. ERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Cos that's probably your Regimental number, matey, DOH !!

4. It's part of his deception plan, it's his brothers number! 8O
  5. Passing out with a No beginning 25??? How many times did he get back squadded ??
  6. Maybe his brother is a chef too, you know how long it takes to pass that course! :D
  7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

You should go through the chain of command. All TA units (including CVHQs) hold a pool of No 2 dress uniforms. There should be no issues with you drawing a uniform for that especially if the invitation says uniform and medals should be worn by service people.. However before the Q man will issue it to you he will probably want authorisation, which is why you need to go through the chain of command.

BTB don't be put off if the first person you ask says no - ask to speak to the next one up - and don't stop until you get to at least OC level. The reason I mention that is because all to often the person you ask will say no because your request might involve them in doing something and its easier to say no than bother to do their jobs properly.

PS. Remember that if you are going to wear No2 at a passing out parade a very high standard of turnout will be necessary. If you are not familiar with wearing No2 find some one who is and who will make sure you are up to scratch. Otherwise you will be letting your brother down and the rest of the TA.
  8. BuggerAll

Perhaps his brother is younger than him. Happens in families.
  9. its my old reg number i left 3 RWF and took 6 Months out and when i went back they gave me a new one dont know why
  10. lol ive been told its a hard course but i passed in 6 days lol

11. Thanks buddy the PSAO asked and apparently no they dont hold any in this s**te unit lol

It will have to be a normal suit
  12. Buggerall you've been "fella'd " !!

Have you tried the band for #2 dress uniform ?
  13. helped a lot of our lads for the Buck House garden party thing last year. Our unit doesn't hold any No2's either.
  14. BuggerAll